Forum Home Forum Home > R-pod Discussion Forums > Miscellaneous / Off-topic
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedWhat kind of grill

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author

Online Status: Offline
Direct Link To This Post Topic: What kind of grill
    Posted: 09 Apr 2018 at 11:03pm
Hi...What kind, model, brand, etc propane BBQ grill is needed to tap into R-Pod’s outside aux propane connector. Evidentialy, it’s not going to be cheap. Thanks
Leonard🌵
2017/179
2017 Ram 1500
texman View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Apr 2018 at 8:28am
my pod came with an aussie SS grill and hose with a quick coupler.  Apparently they dont make them anymore. it looks identical to the smoke hollow at the link below for $75  There are lots of choices for grills and the connect is easy, just a standard quick coupler for propane.  looks like a chuck for an air
hose that inserts.  link to hose:https://www.amazon.com/KIBOW-Propane-Connect-Shutoff-Pressure/dp/B074BGP6T7/ref=sr_1_14_sspa?s=lawn-garden&ie=UTF8&qid=1523366819&sr=1-14-spons&keywords=propane+hose&psc=1 

https://www.amazon.com/Smoke-Hollow-205-Stainless-tailgating/dp/B00ENJRK3E/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1523366574&sr=8-4&keywords=aussie+grill&dpID=412-7m4S4LL&preST=_SY300_QL70_&dpSrc=srch
TexMan 2015 182g
2018 Sequoia
TexManMods
mcarter View Drop Down
podders Helping podders - pHp
podders Helping podders - pHp

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Apr 2018 at 8:32am
As I recall that aux propane line is after the regulator and thus is low pressure. If it is you can use a Weber Q, they make an adapter that replaces the grill regulator so your low pressure propane can run directly to grill. Many great grills to choose from, I'm a Weber Q fan. If the line were high pressure, you could hook grill directly to it. Weber also sells gas lines. I don't have a newer Pod, so I added an adapter that allows me to run my grill off the on board tank.
Mike Carter
2015 178
" I had the right to remain silent, I just didn't have the ability."
lgblau View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Apr 2018 at 9:55am
Thanks texman & mcarter. I bought a new Weber “Go Anywhere” at a garage, before  knowing anything about low or high pressures. I thought it would be a simple plug and play routine until I tried to find the right hose connection. Okay, back to the 1lb bottles.
Leonard🌵
2017/179
2017 Ram 1500
john in idaho View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Apr 2018 at 10:06am
Those little cans of propane last a long time.  As has been discussed on this forum, don't try to refill them.
furpod View Drop Down
Moderator Group - pHp
Moderator Group - pHp

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Apr 2018 at 11:45am
Originally posted by lgblau

Thanks texman & mcarter. I bought a new Weber “Go Anywhere” at a garage, before  knowing anything about low or high pressures. I thought it would be a simple plug and play routine until I tried to find the right hose connection. Okay, back to the 1lb bottles.

If you do a search for "convert high pressure grill to low pressure" you will find videos and walk throughs for nearly any grill.. It's neither expensive, or difficult.
lgblau View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Apr 2018 at 12:19pm
furpod. Thanks for replying. Are you saying that an item such as Camco’s 57274 control valve is not a regulator, and that the low pressure from the R-Pod supply will not be further reduced. 😎
Leonard🌵
2017/179
2017 Ram 1500
furpod View Drop Down
Moderator Group - pHp
Moderator Group - pHp

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Apr 2018 at 1:48pm
Originally posted by lgblau

furpod. Thanks for replying. Are you saying that an item such as Camco’s 57274 control valve is not a regulator, and that the low pressure from the R-Pod supply will not be further reduced. 😎

Reading the description, that appears to be a control valve only. So, no it doesn't have a regulator built in.

BUT.. replacing that isn't what I was talking about. You can remove the regulator from a grill designed for use on bottles, and replace it with a quick connect or threaded connection as needed.

like so.. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8a_-5ysjTiU
Richand Cindy View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Apr 2018 at 2:26pm
Yes it does not make a difference what grill you get.  All you need to do is remove the regulator that comes with the grill and buy a series of connectors (one quick snap at the RPOD end and another at the grill along with a long hose.  When I researched it I think it came to around $45.  Decided against it as I wanted the freedom to move the grill anywhere I wanted depending on the wind so we carry the  1 lb canisters (which last 3-4 grillings).  But someone posted the parts needed on this forum you can buy at Amazon about a year ago 
OLD 2017.5 RPOD 180 + 2015 Jeep Cherokee Trailhawk
NEW: 2018 Passport Elite 23RB + 2017 Ram 1500 Diesel
Larry-D View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Apr 2018 at 4:48pm
Here's what we have to use our pod and larger TT.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/RV-Mounted-BBQ-Motorhome-Gas-Grill-BBQ-Trailer-Side-Mount-Barbeque-Grill-NEW-/121166076296?hash=item1c360f9988

with this hose

https://www.ebay.com/itm/RV-Propane-Hose-Quick-Connect-Low-Pressure-Grills-Camp-Kitchen-Olympian-Grill-/201906371098?hash=item2f028eba1a
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>