Forum Home Forum Home > R-pod Discussion Forums > Miscellaneous / Off-topic
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedOh My it's Snowing again

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author

Online Status: Offline
Direct Link To This Post Topic: Oh My it's Snowing again
    Posted: 10 Apr 2018 at 4:27pm
I'm 2 days from picking up my R-Pod.. And it's freakin' snowing again..
36F outside, so it shouldn't stick, but really??

Okay, maybe way to excited to get it here. Maybe to early in the season. But really? Snowing? Give me a break please... My forecast says above freezing over night. Yet, it's snowing outside!!!

Sorry, just rambling as I'm so excited to finally get 'Lily' here and get started prepping for the next chapter of our life.

June we go on 'Tour'! May is the month of testing/Mods for the road. 

It will drive me nuts if I have to bring it home and winterize her...

Just me ranting.. Forgive me..
Byways no Highways
2017 Tacoma
Truck Camper Build
2004 F150 My Overlander
TheBum View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Apr 2018 at 4:30pm
I just came back from a trip to central Texas where the high didn't get out of the 30s on Saturday. Add to that a constant 20mph wind and it felt rather cold; I'm sure the wind chill was below freezing.
Alan
2022 R-Pod 196 "RaptoRPod"
2022 Ram 1500 Lone Star 4x4
Three cats
Leo B View Drop Down
podders Helping podders - pHp

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Apr 2018 at 5:28pm
We've had snow flurries the last few days aghh!!
I hooked up an towed the pod around in the snow earlier this winter. Handled pretty good!!
Leo & Melissa Bachand
2017 Ford F150
2021 Vista Cruiser 19 csk
Previously owned
2015 Rpod 179
2010 Rpod 171
jato View Drop Down

Online Status: Online
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Apr 2018 at 6:17pm
We brought ours out of hibernation, (the horse barn) a couple weeks ago, now I can't get to it unless I use the snowblower as the drifts are pretty thick and it is no fun to get stuck in old snow with 4 wheel drive.  Yep, we have had snow 2 of the last 5 days here.  Golfers are getting anxious to get out and play, but most of our 72 holes are still covered in snow. Yesterday morning we were at 8 degrees F. at least today we had a heat wave and got all the way up to 38.
God's pod
'11 model 177
'17 Ford F-150 4WD 3.5 Ecoboost
Jim and Diane by beautiful Torch Lake
"...and you will know the Truth and the Truth will set you free."
Leo B View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Apr 2018 at 6:33pm
LOL 38 can be good if it has been a long winter! 
Leo & Melissa Bachand
2017 Ford F150
2021 Vista Cruiser 19 csk
Previously owned
2015 Rpod 179
2010 Rpod 171
mcarter View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Apr 2018 at 8:29am
I also was in central TX last SAT, attended the Spring Football League game. Our son plays for the North team, they beat Johnny Football's South team. It was freezing. 80 on Friday and 40s or lower on SAT. We were borrowing clothes:) Back in TN, planting my tomatoes this weekend.
Mike Carter
2015 178
" I had the right to remain silent, I just didn't have the ability."
Live2Camp View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Apr 2018 at 8:44am
Originally posted by Olddawgsrule

I'm 2 days from picking up my R-Pod.. And it's freakin' snowing again..
36F outside, so it shouldn't stick, but really??

Okay, maybe way to excited to get it here. Maybe to early in the season. But really? Snowing? Give me a break please... My forecast says above freezing over night. Yet, it's snowing outside!!!

Sorry, just rambling as I'm so excited to finally get 'Lily' here and get started prepping for the next chapter of our life.

There's no such thing as too excited when waiting to go camping, let alone waiting for an RPod! We've had ours almost 2 years now and the excitement has not subsided. And we get to have it here on our property which adds to the enjoyment. Our weather out here is 42F and clouds, with light rain in the forecast. April showers is "normal" for here. But there's no weather that keeps us from being able to take RPod out as long as we don't head over to the Sierra Nevada or up to the Cascades during snow season (or pineapple express!). I have never taken for granted being able to camp all year long, it never gets old. So I completely understand both your excitement and your frustration, and hope you get to pick up Lily with no delays. And we all know you're going to have the time of your life once you're all together Smile One of my local (California) relatives is in Michigan right now visiting other relatives. Brrr! I only go there in summer. Which is funny, since I'm a winter camper (who has never before had a heater). But somehow temps in the teens and 20sF camping in the Sierra isn't as daunting as visting the Midwest in the winter and staying in heated homes. Go figure... 

2017 R-Pod 179 HRE (the green one)
His:Ford F150 double cab 4WD; Hers/mine:Tacoma V6 double cab 4WD
Still love rugged, diggin' comfy too
Olddawgsrule View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Apr 2018 at 4:25pm
appreciate the input on my rant! Just drove me nuts watching that snow happening..

Bought the batteries today (twin 6's) and delivered to the dealer for install (part of the purchase deal).So looking forward to having 'Lily' in the yard and get things going!

Tomorrow at 9am we do the final run through. Everything passes, I tow her home! Real test tomorrow of the dealership. I told them what I expected. They said "no issue".

Fingers crossed (actually have more faith than that) that we bring her home tomorrow.

Side note: The guys at the Battery store I buy from looked at my old one's (twin 12's) and were amazed they lasted as long as they did (15yrs). "I was going to talk to you about battery maintenance but, I see you have a clue". I just laughed.. Ya, a clue.. That brought a smile, from both of us!

Byways no Highways
2017 Tacoma
Truck Camper Build
2004 F150 My Overlander
jato View Drop Down

Online Status: Online
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Apr 2018 at 11:02am
Leo, you've been kinda quiet on this topic.  12 - 13" of wet heavy snow last night through this morning, with plenty more coming.  Guess we won't be camping this weekend.
God's pod
'11 model 177
'17 Ford F-150 4WD 3.5 Ecoboost
Jim and Diane by beautiful Torch Lake
"...and you will know the Truth and the Truth will set you free."
DavMar View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Apr 2018 at 12:21pm
Originally posted by jato

Leo, you've been kinda quiet on this topic.  12 - 13" of wet heavy snow last night through this morning, with plenty more coming.  Guess we won't be camping this weekend.

Ack! You guy's up north have really been hammered this year! If it's any consolation its been a crazy spring here in the South. Just got back from a stay at Edisto Island (a barrier island south of Charleston) and Charleston, SC and the whole time it was rain and cold with the weatherman saying they were having January weather in April. Wouldn't you know finally the day we leave the sun shines and they were calling for the low 80's!
Dave & Marlene J with Zoey the
wonder dog.
2017 Rpod 180
2016 Toyota Tacoma SR5 4x4
Lexington, NC
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>