Topic ClosedOh My it's Snowing again

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author
podders Helping podders - pHp
podders Helping podders - pHp

Online Status: Offline
Direct Link To This Post Topic: Oh My it's Snowing again
    Posted: 16 Apr 2018 at 1:28pm
Friday just as I finished the last thing I needed to do to prep the Pod for today's departure for the first trip of the year a hailstorm hit covering the ground with half inch hail.  Friday afternoon it started to rain, changing to sleet Saturday and yesterday it snowed all night.  This morning I blew snow away from the Pod and scraped ice and snow from the slide so I could put it in.  Roads are not in great shape, so we put off leaving until tomorrow.  The Pod and truck are all packed and we hope to leave early tomorrow before more snow can fall. Last year we left at the same time and it was 72 that day.  I liked that better.
Keith-N-Dar
Boris & Betty (Boston Terriers)
2011 R-Pod 177
2010 Ford F-150
Olddawgsrule View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Apr 2018 at 4:05pm
LOL from that last post!!!
Best of travels K-n-D!

I went from a snow storm before I picked-up Lily, to now a Sleet storm... We're running 20F below normal right now, but changing today (hopefully) back to normal.

Been enjoying all the posts since my 'little' rant and seeing others are in the same (if not worse) conditions.

Absolutely loving having Lily here finally and getting some stuff done.

Byways no Highways
2017 Tacoma
Truck Camper Build
2004 F150 My Overlander
jato View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Apr 2018 at 8:24pm
Just so that you feel better.  Yesterday (after Saturdays 12-13" dusting of snow) we woke up to another 6" of that fine powdery stuff.  But hold on to your hat, yes it was windy, all afternoon we got this freezing drizzle/sleet that felt like little bee,bees.  Problem was after we got 4" of that yesterday afternoon, the snowblower wouldn't touch it, all cemented together so had to get a scraper bar out and bust it all loose before moving it with a snowblower.  Today, piece of cake only another 5" and what do my eyes see coming out of the sky, yep, more snow, but supposed to be only 3 - 4", holding my breath, will see in the morning.  About ready to borrow the big Kubota snowblower from the golf course I work at, now we are talking 65 HP diesel with a front mount blower and HEATED cab, sweet.  Mighty tempting, may have to ask the owners about borrowing that for my drive instead of my puny 10 HP walk behind.
God's pod
'11 model 177
'17 Ford F-150 4WD 3.5 Ecoboost
Jim and Diane by beautiful Torch Lake
"...and you will know the Truth and the Truth will set you free."
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123