This site is free to use.
Donations benefit a non-profit Girls Softball organization

Forum Home Forum Home > Non-pod Discussion Forums > General non-pod discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Surveyor and NOBO Sister Groups on Facebook

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote kymooses Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Surveyor and NOBO Sister Groups on Facebook
    Posted: 14 Apr 2018 at 3:28pm
Hi there Podders.  I just wanted to offer up and mention the new "sister" groups to the Facebook equivalent of the R-Pod Group there.

Over they years we've seen lots of Owners move to the Surveyor trailers and want to give and help them build just as amazing a community as has been done for R-Pods.  So for those of you Facebook users if you like please join us there if you're in a Surveyor now.   
https://www.facebook.com/groups/SurveyorOwners/

Also with the recent addition of the NOBO No Boudaries travel trailers the interest in those has taken off even moreso I dare say, that Group is growing quickly with Owners who either owned or started off looking at the R-Pods but now found the NOBO size or floorplans fit them best.  Check us out here for those Owners.
https://www.facebook.com/groups/NoBoOwners/

I mention these being "sister" Groups in the sense that they are linked to the R-Pod Group there on Facebook and since all 3 of these models are made by the same manufacturing plants, so whether you're going up in size, maybe a little smaller, or even looking for heading more off the beaten path you'll be in the hands of the same members of the Forest River team(s) that have helped make R-Pods the amazing trailers they've always been for us Owners over the past 10 years.

We'd love to see and hear about all of your amazing journeys and adventures in any of these trailers, and for new Owners of any of them we look forward to meeting you.

Thanks for allowing me to cross post this here.  And please remember R-Pod Owners, check out some of the Rallies going on each year from the link in my signature, or message me here, or rpod.spotter@gmail.com  There are many Rallies this year that still have spots that would love to see a new face or Owner come and join in on all the fun.

Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Apr 2018 at 4:26pm

Thanks for the info! I hope the Surveyor and No-Bo folks will feel welcome here also. That is one of the reasons for this "non-Pod" section.

Personally, I find the No-Bo very interesting. One thing I did note, in looking at the online info, is that it seems to have LT (light truck) tires. I noticed this in one of the pictures.

I think FR has a winner in this one.

mcarter View Drop Down
podders Helping podders - pHp

Post Options Post Options   Quote mcarter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Apr 2018 at 5:04pm
My wife wants a NO BO 19.5, even offered to pay for it. :) The walk around bed sold her.
Mike Carter
2015 178
" I had the right to remain silent, I just didn't have the ability."
kymooses View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote kymooses Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Apr 2018 at 7:06pm
I like the NOBO's a lot myself too.  They're very sweet campers
jato View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote jato Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Apr 2018 at 7:05am
Weight could be a factor unless you have a larger TV.  Noticed the weight on the 16.7 model is about 1000 pounds heavier than our 177.  Price is a factor too, 25K - 28.5K plus tax depending on the options. . . . . I will remain a loyal 177 owner.  But in its defense, it has a lot of neat features and am sure it will sell quite well.
God's pod
'11 model 177
'17 Ford F-150 4WD 3.5 Ecoboost
Jim and Diane by beautiful Torch Lake
"...and you will know the Truth and the Truth will set you free."
mcarter View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote mcarter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Apr 2018 at 7:33am
+1 - 19.5 is about 1000 pounds heavier, of course tongue weight is heavier and 2'8" longer. If I were to buy, I would go with a WDH, which I currently don't use. Price here in TN is 19.5K pre tax.
Mike Carter
2015 178
StephenH View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote StephenH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Apr 2018 at 2:34pm
Is the NoBo 4-season or are the tanks exposed like they are in the R-Pod line?
StephenH
Happy is the man that findeth wisdom,...

ouR escaPOD mods
Former RPod 179
Current Cherokee Grey Wolf 24 JS
mcarter View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote mcarter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Apr 2018 at 3:31pm
SH - NO BO has an enclosed underbelly.
Mike Carter
2015 178
Leo B View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Leo B Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Apr 2018 at 7:23pm
We are really interested in the No Bo 19.5, going to take a trip over to Sarotoga NY to check out a 19.5!! Can't wait.  
Leo & Melissa Bachand
2017 Ford F150
2021 Vista Cruiser 19 csk
Previously owned
2015 Rpod 179
2010 Rpod 171
StephenH View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote StephenH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Apr 2018 at 8:11pm
Thanks. It is definitely worth checking out then. Some features I have read about don't really interest me such as the kayak carriers. The 16.7 looks like the 179 but has the crawl-over queen bed. The 19.5 has the bed that I would really like, but the kitchen area is a no-go. Swap the kitchen and bath areas in the 19.5, and that would be a real winner in my book, even if it had to be a wet bath.
StephenH
Happy is the man that findeth wisdom,...

ouR escaPOD mods
Former RPod 179
Current Cherokee Grey Wolf 24 JS
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>