R-pod Owners Forum Homepage

This site is free to use.
Donations benefit a non-profit Girls Softball organization

Forum Home Forum Home > R-pod Discussion Forums > Podmods, Maintenance, Tips and Tricks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedBattery Not Charging

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Online Status: Offline
Direct Link To This Post Topic: Battery Not Charging
    Posted: 29 Apr 2018 at 1:29pm
Hi everyone, I have it plugged into the house at the moment, but no matter how long I leave her plugged in I have no battery power. I checked the GFI, the breakers etc all look fine. any suggestions would be great. camper is brand new havnt even used it yet is a bad battery really possible already or am I missing something/

Thank you in advance,
Dan
GlueGuy View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Apr 2018 at 2:02pm
1 - Make sure the 115VAC is getting to the R-pod/converterYou should just be able to check an outlet inside. Start with the GFI plug.
2 - Check all the circuit breakers and fuses. With the circuit breakers, physically turn them off, then on; they can sometimes trip without moving from (what appears to be) the on position. The main fuses on the converter are the 40 amp ones.
3 - If the converter is getting power, and the battery is even just a little bit discharged, you will hear the fan on the converter.

bp
2017 R-Pod 179 Hood River
2015 Ford F150 SuperCrew 4WD 3.5L Ecoboost
flat6s View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Apr 2018 at 3:27pm
How do you know you have no battery power.  If it is plugged into your house 110 all 12 volt items should work off of your converter whether you even have a battery installed or not.  Are you saying that your 12 v items do not work when plugged into shore power ?  If so, your. Cnverter is not working or yas some of the breakers turned off.  I do not believe it has anything to do with your battery
mcarter View Drop Down
podders Helping podders - pHp
podders Helping podders - pHp

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Apr 2018 at 4:38pm
Do you have a multimeter? Check your house connection and verify you have 120. Then check your battery with converter CB on, it should be in 1 of 3 phases of charge, the lowest being 13.1 or 13.2 volts if battery is fully charged. Higher if not. Check your overhead lights, does your slide operate? The slide is 12V DC operated if you have one. Let us know if none of that is working. Batteries are fairly easy to test and you can use a charger to run 12V in Pod. Sounds like your issue is more shore power than battery power.
Mike Carter
2015 178
" I had the right to remain silent, I just didn't have the ability."
Massucci1 View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Apr 2018 at 5:07pm
Thank you everyone. The culprit was the #6 30 amp fuse that was blown. She’s fully charged now and i installed a battery shut off kill switch while i was at it.

Thank you again guys,
Dan
 Post Reply Post Reply