R-pod Owners Forum Homepage

This site is free to use.
Donations benefit a non-profit Girls Softball organization

Forum Home Forum Home > R-pod Discussion Forums > Warranty, Service and Recall Bulletins
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedDon't Repair!!!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Online Status: Offline
Direct Link To This Post Topic: Don't Repair!!!
    Posted: 02 May 2018 at 5:20pm
Recently the wife and I decided to take our Pod for the first trip of this year down to the SC coast. Before we left when de-winterizing the camper I had a serious leak from the shower drain. So not wanting to scratch our reservations and canceling the trip I did the next best thing possible which was make a "patch" repair myself with silicon calk to get by and figured I'd get it taken care when I got home. Well we made it home with no more leaks in the shower but we did have a control board on the refrigerator go out. Took it into the repair shop and they took photos of all the damage and sent it into FR to get authorization to cover repairs under warranty. Found out today the refrigerator will be covered but the shower drain repair will not because I used silicon calk to stem the leak!!! Now to my thinking this is total (you know what) and totally unacceptable I'm not sure how to proceed? Any idea's please speak up!!! I'd hate to think is if you own a FR product the moral of the story is don't try to make any repairs yourself in order to get by until you can get into a service shop. Angry
Dave & Marlene J with Zoey the
wonder dog.
2017 Rpod 180
2016 Toyota Tacoma SR5 4x4
Lexington, NC
mcarter View Drop Down
podders Helping podders - pHp

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2018 at 5:30pm
Petty, petty, petty. Silicone is easy to clean off. Maybe clean off the silicone, then tell them it leaks:) They're probably thinking you did something to make it leak, not correct a leak. Open honest debate is best way to proceed.
Mike Carter
2015 178
" I had the right to remain silent, I just didn't have the ability."
DavMar View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2018 at 7:18pm
Mike,
Your right that an honest debate and compromise I would think is the best way to proceed. Which is why I wrote the appointed contact person for the service department for R-Pods with FR. Asking for her to direct my email to the appropriate person, if its not her, and then stating my case and asking for a resolution. If I don't receive a phone call or email by Friday my next step is calling to complain. To my thinking this is total C.S. (you can put the appropriate words to these initials) on FR part and a total dodge to avoid any responsibility on their part to pay on an obvious factory defect. A defect that in fact has been to the dealer service shop before and never fixed, hence why I took it to a highly rated independent RV service shop. Which on a side note also show you can get warranty service at not just your dealers service shop only.
wonder dog.
2017 Rpod 180
Lexington, NC
DavMar View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2018 at 10:57pm
Good news to report! After contact the service person in charge of Rpod warranty repairs, via email, it seems the right hand doesn't know what the left hand is doing at Forest River. In that my RV repair shop had filed a claim with FR on my shower drain issue but somehow the person in charge of authorizing Rpod warranty claims hadn't received the claim. I requested that this individual at FR contact my RV repair shop to clear up this matter and they did so hopefully now at least were all on the same page and they will cover all or at least part of the labor on this repair. It's a start! Smile
wonder dog.
2017 Rpod 180
Lexington, NC
mcarter View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 May 2018 at 8:30am
Good news story.
Mike Carter