FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedAdventure: Bledsoe Creek State Park

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author

Online Status: Offline
Direct Link To This Post Topic: Adventure: Bledsoe Creek State Park
    Posted: 05 May 2018 at 6:44pm
Originally posted by DaveGamble

I’ll have to let you know Monday once I get them put on. I did go for the class D load rating, not the class c, so that might have an effect on the speed rating. He told me they had an S speed rating, but we will see on Monday.
The key piece of information is the weight rating stamped on the tire. If you've got one of the heavier R-pods at ~~ 3800 lbs, I would be looking for a tire that was rated at least 2200 lbs (3800/2 * 1.15) for a 15% safety margin.
bp
2017 R-Pod 179 Hood River
2015 Ford F150 SuperCrew 4WD 3.5L Ecoboost
DavMar View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 May 2018 at 7:30pm
Originally posted by GlueGuy

Originally posted by DaveGamble

I’ll have to let you know Monday once I get them put on. I did go for the class D load rating, not the class c, so that might have an effect on the speed rating. He told me they had an S speed rating, but we will see on Monday.
The key piece of information is the weight rating stamped on the tire. If you've got one of the heavier R-pods at ~~ 3800 lbs, I would be looking for a tire that was rated at least 2200 lbs (3800/2 * 1.15) for a 15% safety margin.

Good point GlueGuy,

With the Goodyear Endurance tires with a D load range I think he's covered. Though all DaveGamble needs to do is look at the Goodyear link I supplied and he'll see the tires do not have a S speed rating. With a M speed rating or a N is more then antiquate for present interstate highway speeds. The higher the load range and speed rating the cooler the tires will run which will help prevent de-laminations and tire failures as he sadly experienced. I can't stress enough that upgrading your tires is the best mod you can do on your camper since we only have two tires meeting the road.
Dave & Marlene J with Zoey the
wonder dog.
2017 Rpod 180
2016 Toyota Tacoma SR5 4x4
Lexington, NC
DaveGamble View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 May 2018 at 3:50pm
They’re 101N. More than suitable for me. Thanks for the help and advice - now on to getting the fender replaced.
Dave Gamble
Grove City, OH
http://TripsAndTravails.com/
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12