R-pod Owners Forum Homepage

This site is free to use.
Donations benefit a non-profit Girls Softball organization

Forum Home Forum Home > R-pod Discussion Forums > Podmods, Maintenance, Tips and Tricks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedFresh Water Tank cleaning

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
mcarter View Drop Down
podders Helping podders - pHp
podders Helping podders - pHp

Online Status: Offline
Direct Link To This Post Topic: Fresh Water Tank cleaning
    Posted: 10 Jun 2018 at 4:11pm
Rick,

What kind of water are you filling the tank with? Well water, rain water? Are you using chlorinated, treated water? When was the last time you sterilized your house? Lot of folks sanitizing fresh water systems on here, and I agree if you didn't use treated water. That quarter or half cup of bleach is not doing anything different than what a municipal water system uses.
Mike Carter
2015 178
" I had the right to remain silent, I just didn't have the ability."
Rick Nic View Drop Down

Online Status: Offline
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jun 2018 at 11:36am
Question about Fresh water tank maintenance. We don't have to winterize here, nor do we have any odor from Fresh water tank. We don't drink it, and only do dishes and and teeth with it. So while I treat the Black and Grey tanks, nothing has been done for Fresh water tank in its 18 months of service. The only thing I do have is some algae on the inside of the drain plug.  

I don't really want chlorine/bleach in my system, so I bought Camco 40207 TastePURE Spring Fresh Water System Cleaner and Deodorizer.  Active ingredients: Ethylalchol, Sorbitan Monooleate Ethoxylate. Anyone know if this will work for algae and whether it's even necessary?  Thanks!
2017.5 iPod 178
Oceanside, CA
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12