R-pod Owners Forum Homepage

This site is free to use.
Donations benefit a non-profit Girls Softball organization

Forum Home Forum Home > R-pod Discussion Forums > Podmods, Maintenance, Tips and Tricks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedFresh Water Tank cleaning

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author

Online Status: Offline
Direct Link To This Post Topic: Fresh Water Tank cleaning
    Posted: 12 Jun 2018 at 10:53am
I decided to drop a 1" chlorine tablet, rinse system, and see if the green algae in my fresh tank plug goes away after a few rounds. If it's on the plug, I can imagine some on the floor of the tank, too. (I've heard bleach can eat away at rubber and components like the pump).
2017.5 iPod 178
Oceanside, CA
jato View Drop Down

Online Status: Offline
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jun 2018 at 7:19pm
Coming from the other side of the fence and maybe not knowing better (and yes we use our tank for drinking as well) I went 5 years before cleaning/sanitizing our tank with a bit of bleach because at a pod rally we attended an individual chewed my out for not doing this on a regular basis.  After doing this I had to do the lemon juice and white vinegar mix to rid the tank of the funky bleach smell/taste residue.  Since then I did do it again after 2 more years, just to satisfy my curiosity before going thru the process I opened up my screens on the faucet ends but could not find anything at all like you posted, in fact I found nothing at all.  Maybe we just have fine, pure well water, or maybe our systems are used to the little microscopic fellas that are unseen in our water.  So to date, yes we have cleaned our 2011 pod twice since taking ownership of it in March 2011.
God's pod
'11 model 177
'17 Ford F-150 4WD 3.5 Ecoboost
Jim and Diane by beautiful Torch Lake
"...and you will know the Truth and the Truth will set you free."
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12