R-pod Owners Forum Homepage

This site is free to use.
Donations benefit a non-profit Girls Softball organization

Forum Home Forum Home > R-pod Discussion Forums > I need HELP!!!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedBrake trouble, right wheel get hot

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
VeroSail View Drop Down

Online Status: Offline
Direct Link To This Post Topic: Brake trouble, right wheel get hot
    Posted: 18 Jul 2018 at 6:26am
I own a R-pod 2018 178 and got many troubles with it since purchase last year July 13th.

Since about a mount I noticed that the right wheel get heating after a short ride, more than the left side that seems normal.  I told that to my dealer who answered me to look at the bearings.  I did my job this week end and found the bearings in perfect shape on both side, but signs of break heating in the right side.
Yesterday I went to my dealer with my R-Pod, and they told it needed only to be adjusted.  So they cleaned the breaks (what I did last week end), adjusted the right wheel more loose to turn as free as the left side, and adjusted the trailer breaks with the Jeep and the electronic box inside the Jeep.  

I went back home and noticed the problem is not fixed, the right wheel is still too hot, and if I jack the r-pod and turn the wheel, I can ear a noise of friction inside the drum. When I do that the Jeep is not connected to the trailer, and it is the same if the jeep is connected with the cable on.  So, exactly the same situation I noticed before going to the dealer.

Called back immediately the dealer, and they told me that I can change the breaks both side for conventional non automatic breaks and that will fix my problem.  

I am a little bit disappointed because I don't want to pay for something that broke before the end of the warranty, and the dealer did just not find it... and more than that, it appears the dealer doesn't know how to fix it without changing the system.  

Also, it look like as if this is a common problem with these Lippert automatic breaks and they don't know how to solve this.  The dealer admitted that last year, a brand new R-Pod just delivered form the factory arrived with a burned wheel and that was a break failure...

Is anybody have a solution how to fix it without changing the system?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123