R-pod Owners Forum Homepage

This site is free to use.
Donations benefit a non-profit Girls Softball organization

Forum Home Forum Home > R-pod Discussion Forums > Camping Adventures
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedSo what are everyone's camping plans this year?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author

Online Status: Offline
Direct Link To This Post Topic: So what are everyone's camping plans this year?
    Posted: 10 May 2010 at 8:21am
I have driven from Pa to AZ 5 times now and used I 70, I 40, and combos of state roads. You could go west on 70 and visit the RV manufacturers in Indiana, some do tours and have rv parks. Missouri is real picturesque down south, the caverns depending how far you want to drive. Western Virginia and Tenn were real pretty in the mountains but now I don't know with the flooding.
BarbanJoe
010 Rpod 171
02 Jeep 4x4
12 Ram 1500
barbanjoe View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2010 at 8:22am
Az is really an outdoor state just a lot of gov problems right now. at least we will keep the state parks open.
BarbanJoe
010 Rpod 171
02 Jeep 4x4
12 Ram 1500
techntrek View Drop Down
Admin Group - pHp
Admin Group - pHp

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2010 at 10:04am
rpodcamper - the state park I mentioned in my post is Codorus State park, just south of Hanover, PA.  You are welcome to join us in October.
Doug ~ '10 171 (2009-2015) ~ 2008 Salem ~ Pod instruction manual
rpodcamper.com View Drop Down
Admin Group - pHp
Admin Group - pHp

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2010 at 11:14am
Codorus State park is not too far from home about 1 1/2 hours away.  I will have to talk to the wife to see what is happening in October.  May just work out.
jjbescher View Drop Down
podders Helping podders - pHp

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2010 at 2:16pm
We are taking the Rpod to Manassas, VA Memorial Weekend, then to York, PA Father's Day weekend.  Then we have a week in Florida in August, not camping.  After that it all depends on what Flyball Tournaments come up.

HuronSailor - I had Should surgery 5 years ago and Very Glad I did.  Good Luck with yours.
'10 R-pod 173T. TV - '03 Honda Pilot
HuronSailor View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2010 at 6:35pm
Originally posted by jjbescher

HuronSailor - I had Should surgery 5 years ago and Very Glad I did.  Good Luck with yours.

Thanks. The plan is to put it off until fall if I can. So far so good. I just have to remember to think before I act. The doctor even told me to lay off the Wii Sports Resort games until after this is over.
.: Mark & Beth :: Silverado 5.3L :: 2018 rPod 180 :.
techntrek View Drop Down
Admin Group - pHp
Admin Group - pHp

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2010 at 8:15pm

Originally posted by HuronSailor

The doctor even told me to lay off the Wii Sports Resort games until after this is over.

LOL

Doug ~ '10 171 (2009-2015) ~ 2008 Salem ~ Pod instruction manual
mountain mist View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Aug 2010 at 8:14am
Just re-reading all the plans makes me drool. This MAY happen with my Pod at sometime, but not this year for sure. May take it to Austin, Tx. to see daughter if I can talk the husband into it.
Just came back from second small outing in our area, Elkmont, "dry" camping. I set it up for a week, had grandkids in it for a bit, then left it for 2 nights to return them to their parents, then went back for some downtime, alone, with the dog. Was great.
Have been pulling it, this time I "broke" camp and drove it home AND backed it in to a pretty tight spot at the house. The learning process is coming along and I am not cocky, but I am feeling some encourgement.
My "sister" is going into hospital for heart surgery next week maybe, when she does I am planning on parking the Escape Pod as close as I can so not to make a 90 miles round trip each time I go to stay with her. So that will be on my own, without dog. This time I want electric, the heat is just about unbareable, really spoiled for the ac. The "dry" trip was not bad, being in full shade and the elevation enough to bring the temps down. LOL
I am sure everyone with a POD gets the inquries of "what is it?!"  I am wondering if we need referrel cards so we could get a small comission for the advertisment and walk throughs!

I have a least 2 questions, will try to find a place to post them.
Happy Summer

'11 Forest River r.pod 171
'10 Ford Edge
ESCAPE POD
Trudi and Austin mini-schnauzers
change here, Trudi has gone, Austin now has a small black schnauzer buddy, Bentley
peachpod View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Aug 2010 at 9:47am
Labor Day weekend: going to Victoria Campground (Corp. park) north of Atlanta on Lake Alatoona.

Weekend of Oct. 15th, going to Doll Mtn. (Corp. park) in the north GA mtns. to enjoy the Apple Festival in Ellijay, GA and we'll also hopefully see nice fall colors.

Next summer in July:  10 days booked at Bahia Honda State Park in the FL Keys!  We have a water front slot - so excited!!!!

Monthly:  visits to my son in Valdosta, GA (he's mentally/physically handicapped and lives in a wonderful place down there called Parkwood Developmental Center).

Other trips to be added, I'm sure!

Anyone else have future trips already planned?

Beth and Joe
2011 Prime Time Tracer 195M
2010 Toyota Tacoma
mountain mist View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Aug 2010 at 10:06am
No real trips planned. However, the Pod is going to come in handy when my dearest friend in the world gets her date for heart surgery. She has been through a lot and doing 90 mile round trips to hospital and home is wearing me out. THIS time the Pod is going to be parked as close to hospital as I could find.
Have a one day reservation at Elkmont, (national park) campground, dry camping, on 31st of Oct. From then on it is first come, first serve until the campground closes for Winter. Trying to get a river site, THESE are hard to get, even living close by.

MIGHT get the husband to try taking it to Austin, TX to visit daughter and family in there someplace.

Escape Pod  (not a whole lot of Esaping yetStar
'11 Forest River r.pod 171
'10 Ford Edge
ESCAPE POD
Trudi and Austin mini-schnauzers
change here, Trudi has gone, Austin now has a small black schnauzer buddy, Bentley
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>