R-pod Owners Forum Homepage

This site is free to use.
Donations benefit a non-profit Girls Softball organization

Forum Home Forum Home > R-pod Discussion Forums > Podmods, Maintenance, Tips and Tricks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Topic Closed175

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author

Online Status: Offline
Direct Link To This Post Topic: 175
    Posted: 11 May 2010 at 4:11pm
Hello.  Can anyone give me some pointers in general about the 175.  I am curious about what you think, and what you have done with it.  We just bought one new, and have used it 4 times.  thanks.
rpodcamper.com View Drop Down
Admin Group - pHp
Admin Group - pHp

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2010 at 6:17pm
We don't have the 175 but we have a 171 (Queen Bed in the Back Table and Benches in the front no slide out) and have done all kinds of things to it.  We look at all of our mods as what would we like if we were building the "perfect" camper or what would help us as we camp.  We have added an extra gas tank, added stabilizers to the front, Wall Paper Border on some of the walls, Hung metal baskets in the kitchen to hold items, and many other items. 
techntrek View Drop Down
Admin Group - pHp
Admin Group - pHp

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2010 at 7:31pm

Welcome, JST.  We have the 171, too.  We have many members that have the 175 so I'm sure someone will chime in.

BTW, I removed the duplicate post in the Introduce Yourself forum.

Doug ~ '10 171 (2009-2015) ~ 2008 Salem ~ Pod instruction manual
gepaine View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2010 at 7:52pm
We have had the 175 since last July. Camped in it at 5 locations last year, but haven't taken it out yet this year. Looking forward to our first trip on the 4th of July.

I can't think of any general tips for the 175. Some of the mods we made are: added foam topper to bed which made it quite comfortable; added front stabilizers and 2nd battery; added lid supports to the cabinet doors above sofa; built and installed cabinet above window near bed (on bathroom side); added shelf in entertainment center to help organize small, personal items.

You can see some pictures of my mods on rpod-nation.com.
Gene & Linda - 2007 Escalade - 24-Foot Keystone Cougar TT - Life is not just about gas mileage!
Brin View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2010 at 9:03pm
We also have a 175 and love it because of the slide out.  While I would prefer that the slide out contained a small dinette table with single seat on each side instead of the sofa, it still can work for us with the sofa.  I have not gotten around to posting my pictures on some of our modifications on this website but you can find then on www.rpodnation.com  under  Dog Pod Mods.   Enjoy your trailer. 
Terri and Craig and Panzer
2009 - 175 RPod
2000 Ford F250 XLT Extended Cab Diesel
JST View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2010 at 11:51pm
Thanks so much for taking the time to respond.  I am amazed at how this forum allows us to communicate so freely.  In any event, I wish I knew how to do the mods that I am reading about.  I am afraid to put a screw in the wall for fear of going through to the other side!!!  How do you do this stuff?  Thanks, again.  JohnEmbarrassed
JST View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2010 at 11:53pm
Thanks.  I know that I goofed with the first message.  I appreciate your deleting it.  John
rpodcamper.com View Drop Down
Admin Group - pHp
Admin Group - pHp

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2010 at 10:07am
Originally posted by JST

Thanks so much for taking the time to respond.  I am amazed at how this forum allows us to communicate so freely.  In any event, I wish I knew how to do the mods that I am reading about.  I am afraid to put a screw in the wall for fear of going through to the other side!!!  How do you do this stuff?  Thanks, again.  JohnEmbarrassed

The first screw I put into the wall was the SCARIEST!  The walls are 2" thick so I used 3/4" when I screwed into the kitchen area.  Also on the left hand side I did hit the steel stud.  What mods are you trying to do?  Maybe we can help with better pictures or instructions.

techntrek View Drop Down
Admin Group - pHp
Admin Group - pHp

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2010 at 2:21pm
Glad we can help, JST.  This forum was founded on the principle of open - and uncensored - communication.  Cool  Your duplicate thread is the first thread I've ever deleted - I had to figure out how to do it!
Doug ~ '10 171 (2009-2015) ~ 2008 Salem ~ Pod instruction manual
kotasnana View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2010 at 11:49am
Love my 175, good idea with the half dinette in the slide I would like that better to....no tips really just made the bed more comfortable and that entertainment center over the bed had to go, moved the tv to the foot of the bed.also change the blinds at the bed to insulated curtains. there are pics in the mods section somewhere. congrats.....
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>