R-pod Owners Forum Homepage

This site is free to use.
Donations benefit a non-profit Girls Softball organization

Forum Home Forum Home > R-pod Discussion Forums > Events and Campouts
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedWeston Bend Pod Rally (MO) May 2019 - Event Date: 02 May 2019 - 05 May 2019

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 6>
Author
Groupie
Groupie

Online Status: Offline
Direct Link To This Post Calendar Event: Weston Bend Pod Rally (MO) May 2019
    Posted: 24 Jan 2019 at 6:07pm
Originally posted by Shelley501

Yes, we will be departing the campground on Friday, May 3. But would be interested in cancellations to extend so will watch this thread.

Two adults at the campsite -
Steve & Shelley Bradbury
No pets - unless we give in an bring Maggie, an elderly labradoodle
Model 179 - year 2018
Wichita, KS  - 206 miles to campground
Arrival, afternoon of April 30, depart May 3
Site # 11

Got it - thanks.  And yes, If I hear of any openings I'll post here and try to let you know.
2015 179, Oz-a-POD
Chuck and Di, Olathe, KS
Oz-a-POD View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Feb 2019 at 6:16pm
Feb 18 Update -- all campsites are now reserved the weekend of this Rally. 
I have begun a Waiting List in case of cancellations so if you want to be on that list, let me know. Big smile

Something to consider - while the rally begins on Thursday, we will be camping there April 29-May 6, getting things all ready so we can be good hosts! And, there are several Podders arriving on May 1. And, several sites in the campground are reserved for the weekend only, Fri & Sat nights (I'm guessing not Podders for the Rally). Most of these sites are available through the week until Friday. So, if you can come early and catch one "official" rally night (Thurs), please do! (Like Steve and Shelley in the post above). 
2015 179, Oz-a-POD
Chuck and Di, Olathe, KS
Oz-a-POD View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Feb 2019 at 6:23pm
Question
Another question for those of you with reservations --
Will the Weston Bend RPod Rally be your first official RPod Rally?
2015 179, Oz-a-POD
Chuck and Di, Olathe, KS
tony rpod 180 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Feb 2019 at 7:11pm
Tony and Bonnie' Site #23, yes this is our first Rally and looking forward to it!!, we have numerous camps under our belts so i figure we used to be "newbies" LOLThumbs Up
We got our camper last year in June/July 2018.  See you there!
GMC Canyon/RPoder
Oz-a-POD View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Feb 2019 at 7:14pm
Originally posted by tony rpod 180

Tony and Bonnie' Site #23, yes this is our first Rally and looking forward to it!!, we have numerous camps under our belts so i figure we used to be "newbies" LOLThumbs Up
We got our camper last year in June/July 2018.  See you there!

Got it - thanks!  
2015 179, Oz-a-POD
Chuck and Di, Olathe, KS
Oz-a-POD View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Mar 2019 at 12:50am
Down to TWO MONTHS to the Rally!!  I had a msg from some RPod folks who had made a reservation awhile back but had not yet told me - so we're up to a total now of 23 RPods for at least one night of the Rally - most of them for all three nights.  

Sometime this month I'll be posting more details about group events and opportunities.  Don't worry -- there will be plenty of time for you to explore Weston, the park, visit with other Podders, and/or just have some quiet time, and no activities are "required."  

We look forward to the weather warming up by May -- it should be warmer by then, right?
2015 179, Oz-a-POD
Chuck and Di, Olathe, KS
Oz-a-POD View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Mar 2019 at 1:16pm

Holladay Distillery Tour Info --
The distillery is very close to the campground. Tours are $10 per person. They last about an hour and include tasting and 10% discount at their store following the tour. For any of you interested, here's what you need to know:

First, they have an online reservation system and tours are for a max of 12 people. Each day has several time options. If YOU are interested, let me suggest that you make your reservation and post it here, and perhaps others will decide to join you on your tour and make their reservations. Also, if I know when folks have scheduled tours, I can work Rally events around that. And although I did notice that one of the Friday tour times already has 4 spots booked, I don't know that there is a huge rush to make a reservation right away unless you want to be sure to get your choice of time and try to maybe fill a tour with Podders. They do suggest advance reservations, and a full refund is available with at least 24 hours notice. :-)

A second option is that they can arrange tours for larger groups. If, say 40 people wanted to go, they would be split into two actual groups and head out on the tour about 15 minutes apart. This would need to be arranged at least a couple weeks prior to the date, and would depend on their availability. It is still $10 per person. My personal thought is -- perhaps the tours are better with smaller groups, and it would be challenging to find a time that works for everyone interested, so I will not be planning a group tour as such.

This information has also been posted to the RPod Owners Facebook group.  If someone there posts that they have made a reservation, I will post it here.

UPDATE -- Some Podders have made their reservations for the 2pm tour on Friday and some others have made reservations for the 3pm tour on Friday -- if either of those work for you, consider joining them!! :-) Take the reservation link below.  If you make reservations for any tour, please post that here.  Thanks!

Here's the link for tour info and booking.  https://holladaydistillery.com/distillery-tour/

2015 179, Oz-a-POD
Chuck and Di, Olathe, KS
Shelley501 View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Mar 2019 at 1:04pm
Just an update -
We have had to cancel our camping trip so the three nights, April 30, May 1 and May 2 have been cancelled for site #11.
Steve & Shelley Bradbury
Steve & Shelley Bradbury
Oz-a-POD View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Mar 2019 at 11:13pm
Originally posted by Shelley501

Just an update -
We have had to cancel our camping trip so the three nights, April 30, May 1 and May 2 have been cancelled for site #11.
Steve & Shelley Bradbury

Oh, I am so sorry to hear this.  I just now saw your note as we were out of town (in TX at an RPod Rally) and I couldn't get to this site on my phone. 

Do you know about the RPod Rally that begins May 30 at Argonia River Park, KS?  If not, I can get that info for you. I believe they have some spots open. 
2015 179, Oz-a-POD
Chuck and Di, Olathe, KS
Oz-a-POD View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 2019 at 3:27pm
Thumbs UpOptional Rally Activity: POD TOURS
This is something that is quite popular at RPod rallies... the opportunity to see models we have not yet seen live and in person, and see what mods folks have made to help their cute little campers work best for them. Lots of idea sharing goes on!

Are you interested in opening your Pod up to be toured? If so, let me know and I will print up copies of a list. It will be helpful if you could let me know a list of modifications you have made. Sometimes even the littlest thing YOU'VE done addresses something someone else is trying to figure out.

Date/time for the Pod Tour TBD, will be Friday or Saturday.

Again, no one has to tour or be toured - it's totally optional.
2015 179, Oz-a-POD
Chuck and Di, Olathe, KS
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 6>