R-pod Owners Forum Homepage

This site is free to use.
Donations benefit a non-profit Girls Softball organization

Forum Home Forum Home > R-pod Discussion Forums > I need HELP!!!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedTow Vehicle - 2015 Toyota Highlander LEPlus

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 5>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
crw8sr View Drop Down

Online Status: Offline
Direct Link To This Post Topic: Tow Vehicle - 2015 Toyota Highlander LEPlus
    Posted: 31 Oct 2018 at 5:49pm
Our heartfelt condolences. 
Chuck & Lyn
Izzy, Morkie. RIP
Zoe Joy & Gracie, Yorkie
2018 R Pod 190   
2019 Traverse

In moments of adversity;when life's a total wreck, I think of those worse off than me and really feel like heck.
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Oct 2018 at 7:02am
Originally posted by doxielover

Thank you all for your advice, tips, etc.  At this point, I've decided to give up RVing.  I am a recent widow and just sold our 33' motorhome.  My husband and I were fulltimers.  A friend just pointed out to me that it will not be the same without my husband.  I still have all our memories of our travels that I will cherish and I will continue to travel, just not in an RV.  Thanks again.

Let me echo the sentiments of others in condolence. I think you are wise in taking a step back from pursuing a travel trailer, for now. When I got divorced, about 19 years ago, I sold my 5th wheel, being certain that I would never camp again. After 3-4 years however, the idea began to grow to give it a try again, as it was something that I had enjoyed since my youth.

I pulled my old tent out of mothballs and headed out. Yes, it is different - just as much of the rest of life is different after such an occurrence. I ditched the tent, in favor of a pop-up. Then I ditched the pop-up in favor of the Rpod. It is still "different"/not the same. Not better or worse, just different, even after all of this time.

In time, you may decide to return to camping or, you may not. The "right" answer is the one that is right for you. Regardless, I hope you feel free to hang around here on the Forum and share your stories and camping experience/wisdom with the rest of us.

offgrid View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Oct 2018 at 5:20am
doxielover, so sorry for your loss. 

At some point, if you change your mind and want to get away and enjoy some of that lovely AZ weather in the outdoors with something easy and simple that you can tow nicely with your current vehicle, you might check out the Nucamp TAG. 

Best of luck to you.
1994 Chinook Concourse
1995 RV6A Experimental Aircraft
2015 Rpod 179 - sold
StephenH View Drop Down
podders Helping podders - pHp

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Oct 2018 at 11:44pm
My condolences on your loss. When we were at the 10th Anniversary Rally hosted by the Kentucky MiniMini, we saw a number of women traveling solo with R-Pods. I agree with Fred & Maria that now is the time to step back and grieve. Later, you may desire to revisit the idea of getting a small trailer and traveling with it. There may be new models then that will be even more suited for you.
StephenH
Happy is the man that findeth wisdom,...

ouR escaPOD mods
Former RPod 179
Current Cherokee Grey Wolf 24 JS
lostagain View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Oct 2018 at 9:05pm
doxielover, it must be a very sad loss for you.  Traveling with someone you love makes it a truly joyous experience.  Your friend is right, it won't be the same without your husband.  After some time has passed and you have a chance to heal form this awful loss, maybe then it would be a good time to revisit the issue, but for now.  You need to refocus your life.  Best of luck to you.
Never leave footprints behind.
Fred & Maria Kearney
Sonoma 167RB
Our Pod 172
2019 Ford F-150 4x4 2.7 EcoBoost
doxielover View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Oct 2018 at 8:43pm
Thank you all for your advice, tips, etc.  At this point, I've decided to give up RVing.  I am a recent widow and just sold our 33' motorhome.  My husband and I were fulltimers.  A friend just pointed out to me that it will not be the same without my husband.  I still have all our memories of our travels that I will cherish and I will continue to travel, just not in an RV.  Thanks again.
Diana
Soon to be R-Pod owner
lostagain View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Oct 2018 at 7:29pm
Here's the best possible TV ever:  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Isetta
Never leave footprints behind.
Fred & Maria Kearney
Sonoma 167RB
Our Pod 172
2019 Ford F-150 4x4 2.7 EcoBoost
offgrid View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Oct 2018 at 7:07pm
A semaphore type 1 VW is worth its weight in gold now if restored though....wish I still had my '56 bug...or better yet my old 1960 Westy bus, first RV I ever owned. 
1994 Chinook Concourse
1995 RV6A Experimental Aircraft
2015 Rpod 179 - sold
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Oct 2018 at 6:56pm
Originally posted by offgrid

Very kewl.  Postwar German 3 wheel microcar. I've seen the Messerschmitt before but not one of these. Messerschmitt claimed to get 87 mpg, not bad for the 1950's. Yeah those look like turn signals, the early VW's had semaphore turn signals at the same location.  What's the tow rating on that bad boy and can you use a WDH on it? Tongue

Tow rating??? I don't need no stinking tow rating!      It's whatever I want it to be......I suppose.

I saw one of the old bugs with the "pop out" turn signals for sale, a few days ago. It was a little more "project" than I would want to take on, however.

mcarter View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Oct 2018 at 6:53pm
Room to carry those Honda duals too.
Mike Carter
2015 178
" I had the right to remain silent, I just didn't have the ability."
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 5>