R-pod Owners Forum Homepage

This site is free to use.
Donations benefit a non-profit Girls Softball organization

Forum Home Forum Home > R-pod Discussion Forums > Podmods, Maintenance, Tips and Tricks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Topic Closedreplacement kitchen faucet

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author

Online Status: Offline
Direct Link To This Post Topic: replacement kitchen faucet
    Posted: 29 Oct 2018 at 11:46am
lostagain, the problem with brownies is they just take too long to get in and then out of your system.  

I love a good tequila too, but have you ever really had truly good 'shine? IMHO its just not available west of the Mississippi or north of the Mason Dixon line...its astounding how anything so potent can go down so smoooth.  
1994 Chinook Concourse
1995 RV6A Experimental Aircraft
2015 Rpod 179 - sold
lostagain View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Oct 2018 at 1:28pm
They say poteen is really good too.  I hope to try it if we are able to go to Ireland next fall.  I'm not a fan of the flavors of most whiskies.  I can manage Jameson's but speaking of filling potholes with money, the cost benefit ratio is marginal.  A good mescal is enjoyable to me, but not arguardiente.  
Never leave footprints behind.
Fred & Maria Kearney
Sonoma 167RB
Our Pod 172
2019 Ford F-150 4x4 2.7 EcoBoost
Poddy McPodface View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Oct 2018 at 2:41pm
Originally posted by Happy Tripping

My kitchen faucet has self-destructed, first at the little thingy that changes the flow from spray to solid, then the entire lower unit cracked in two while I was handling it, not with undue force. 
I am NOT interested in replacing with the same plastic unit.
Any suggestions as to better quality replacement units, and how to do it, are appreciated.

As mentioned, just about any of the big "Home Stores" will have what you need. The mounting holes are the same as a residential faucet and the installation is very similar. It should be an easy swap.

offgrid View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Oct 2018 at 7:24am
Happy tripping, you might want to get new 1/2 inch pex fittings to connect to your new faucet. 

Lostagain, I had to look up poteen. Anglicized from the Irish Poitin, poit being the Irish word for hangover, so be careful with that stuff. Also apparently its legal and even recognized by the EU, where's the fun in that? I never cared form Mezcal, too much smoky flavor, but maybe I just haven't had the good stuff. 
1994 Chinook Concourse
1995 RV6A Experimental Aircraft
2015 Rpod 179 - sold
lostagain View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Oct 2018 at 9:46am
Yes, even the spelling of my last name was Anglicized into several different versions.  When the English outlawed Gaelic, they really messed things up.  I tried to learn Gaelic once.  My tongue got tied in knots.  It was much easier to learn Spanish, which is maybe why so many men of Irish ancestry find Latinas so irresistible, but that's another topic.

The drinkability of any liquor, mezcal or otherwise, depends on the quality of the product.  Most Cuervo tequila makes me gag, as do cheap mezcal and most whiskies, but a good quality mezcal has a really rich flavor for sipping.  I still haven't found an arguardiente that has a good flavor.  It tastes like grain alcohol with a little hint of anise and is only good for drinking in shots as fast as you can and as many al you can while keeping standing.

But, to stay on topic, you really do need a good faucet to rinse off your face with cold water after too much poteen/poitin.  (I also read that the name is from the small pot or pota that they use to distill the stuff in.)   
Never leave footprints behind.
Fred & Maria Kearney
Sonoma 167RB
Our Pod 172
2019 Ford F-150 4x4 2.7 EcoBoost
Happy Tripping View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Nov 2018 at 10:12am
Just as encouraging follow up for those of us like me with limited mechanical ability- 

With (to me) surprisingly little trouble I switched out the plastic kitchen sink faucet to a much better quality one.

The factory gorillas forced me to use, VERY gently, vise grips to loosen the PEX fittings in a very tight space but once that was done, everything went very easily with, as far as I can tell, no leaks! Following instructions, all connections were then hand tightened, only. I now wish I'd done this much earlier. I have always been concerned that the factory installed faucet would self destruct at some particularly awkward time.
Jenga Jack View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2019 at 1:49pm
Your mod looks great! I need to replace the faucet for our 2014 178, too. What level of difficulty would you rate this project? Is the water bottle covering up a hole in the counter from cold water connection?
2014 R-Pod 178 aka the "Kobra Pod"
following a 2015 4Runner wherever it may wander
furpod View Drop Down
Moderator Group - pHp
Moderator Group - pHp

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2019 at 3:51pm
Originally posted by Jenga Jack

Your mod looks great! I need to replace the faucet for our 2014 178, too. What level of difficulty would you rate this project? Is the water bottle covering up a hole in the counter from cold water connection?

I suspect you are asking me.. The plumbing was easy. Enlarging the existing hole was a little difficult. I cut a filler, put in place, then used a proper hole saw. Yes the water bottle was covering the hole from the dual handle install. I later plugged it. You can also use a base plate, that's included, to cover both original holes, after cutting a new one in the center.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12