R-pod Owners Forum Homepage

This site is free to use.
Donations benefit a non-profit Girls Softball organization

Forum Home Forum Home > R-pod Discussion Forums > Podmods, Maintenance, Tips and Tricks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedRisers

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Groupie
Groupie

Online Status: Offline
Direct Link To This Post Topic: Risers
    Posted: 23 May 2010 at 3:26pm
Originally posted by TIDALWAVE

Thanks 'rpodcamper' for mentioning mudflaps...I have risers installed.
After returning from a trip in the rain...I did notice a lot of road dirt splashed up on the Pod, both in front and behind the fenders.  I bought mudflaps for both front and behind the fenders.
I used longer flaps behind the fenders.  I made certain that the flaps were stiff enough and short
enough not to reach the drain valves.  I also checked that the right front flap would not interfere
with the fold-out-steps.  I had to make some cutouts on the right-side flaps, so that the R-Dome
skirt could slide in the bottom track.
A question for 'photog'...have you had damage previously from gravel hitting your dump valves?  I have never noticed visual damage to my valves (but I may not have traveled as long distances on
dirt roads as you).  I have not seen anyone, before, wrap their valves to protect them as you did.

Right now it's probably a little paranoia on my part, we lived in the Yukon for 16 years and travelled the Dempster Highway (all gravel) and yes we did have to replace the dump valves on our fifth wheel. Around here we do have a lot of construction and on a rainy day the valves get covered with mud, it's easier to just  take the old towel of than having to clean the valves before hook up.
Heinrich and Elly
2010 Dodge Dakota Crew Cab
2010 Prime Time Tracer 205M
mountain mist View Drop Down

Online Status: Offline
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jun 2010 at 3:53pm
Wonderful pictures, I can smell the fresh air.

What is the awning you have. How much weight does it add to your pod?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12