Topic ClosedRant of the day

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 8>
Author
Guest Group
Guest Group
Direct Link To This Post Topic: Rant of the day
    Posted: 03 Nov 2018 at 8:49am

furpod

I know that I have deleted 2-3 persons (one of them is still here - under another user name). PM me if you want to know. I don't specifically recall deleting any their posts but, I may have - if the post was bad enough and I was mad enough! I can say with 100% certainty that is was not marwayne. In fact, I think one of the "deletes" was an individual that repeatedly insisted upon trying to insult you.

You are too easy on these folks. You need to dust off your axe and lop off some heads!

lostagain View Drop Down

Online Status: Offline
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Nov 2018 at 9:01am
So, David, since we are drifting off topic anyway, how come when I go back to add text or make a new paragraph am I losing the brilliant prose I so thoughtfully wrote but is in need of editing because it makes no sense?  

Never leave footprints behind.
Fred & Maria Kearney
Sonoma 167RB
Our Pod 172
2019 Ford F-150 4x4 2.7 EcoBoost
offgrid View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Nov 2018 at 9:01am
Now lets not exaggerate the WV well thing lostagain, it was only about a pint of bleach, not a whole bottle.Tongue
Besides, its a great way to get consistent test results!
1994 Chinook Concourse
1995 RV6A Experimental Aircraft
2015 Rpod 179 - sold
lostagain View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Nov 2018 at 9:15am
A pint bottle of bleach is more than I want to drink.  I hope the person who did it had the good sense to shut down the well for long enough to dilute it.  Star
Fred & Maria Kearney
Sonoma 167RB
Our Pod 172
GlueGuy View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Nov 2018 at 9:17am
Originally posted by lostagain

But, I've noticed something that happens when I try to go back and start a new paragraph in text I've already written [or try to add or change something].  When I hit the return key with the cursor at the point where I want to start the new paragraph, it erases a couple lines above.  Does anyone have any idea of what is going on?  It's not like I've highlighted the erased text or anything.

Now, there's an example of one of the many natural drifts that can occur in a conversation.  Something popped into what's left of the calcified neurons of my brain and off I went.
At the risk of deflating the original rant, I would suggest that this could be a browser problem. I would switch to Chrome/Firefox/IE/Edge/Safari depending on where you started in the first place. Browsers get their knickers in a twist for all kinds of obscure reasons.
bp
2017 R-Pod 179 Hood River
2015 Ford F150 SuperCrew 4WD 3.5L Ecoboost
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Nov 2018 at 9:21am

So, David, since we are drifting off topic anyway, how come when I go back to add text or make a new paragraph am I losing the brilliant prose I so thoughtfully wrote but is in need of editing because it makes no sense?  

I don't know the answer but, I'll think on it. It sometimes does wacky things to me also. I've noticed recently, if I want to add an emoticon, after the fact, it always moves it to the end of the typing - as opposed to where I want it, for instance.

If I am going to post something lengthy, I will sometimes type in WORD and then cut/paste to the forum.

offgrid View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Nov 2018 at 9:27am
Here we go again, hijacking a thread Tongue

The guy didn't do anything except pour the bleach and put the bolt back. OTOH I was the only one in the cg that whole week, we chatted about what he was doing, and he could reasonably assume that I'm not dumb enough to pump the bleach right back out of the well, or at least observant enough to notice that the water smelled like bleach before drinking it. 

There has to be some personal accountability in all this at some point, and a limit to the nanny state somewhere.   Just sayin'. 
1994 Chinook Concourse
2015 Rpod 179 - sold
furpod View Drop Down
Moderator Group - pHp
Moderator Group - pHp

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Nov 2018 at 9:34am
Originally posted by David

I don't know the answer but, I'll think on it. It sometimes does wacky things to me also. I've noticed recently, if I want to add an emoticon, after the fact, it always moves it to the end of the typing - as opposed to where I want it, for instance.

If I am going to post something lengthy, I will sometimes type in WORD and then cut/paste to the forum.

maybe the browser or computer is giving focus to where the mouse curser is, or it's being accidentally moved by an errant touch on a laptop touchpad?

I used my gaming laptop.. to game, a while back.. World of Warships.. and my boat kept randomly firing its cannons.. I was using a mouse, but still had the touch pad turned on, and my left thumb would occasionally touch the pad while I was WASDing my way around the battlefield...
offgrid View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Nov 2018 at 9:52am
I've noticed inserting text going to the wrong place too, not just in this forum, and especially when using my phone. My fix is to create a couple of spaces above and below, then insert, then clean up. Seems to work.

One thing I promised myself I'd do once I retired is never ever use Word again. IMHO, Its the most frustrating and unintuitive program ever created, for some reason designed to imitate IBM Selectric typewriters that no one has used since he 1980's... Excel now, that's different. Created by engineers so for the most part logically organized and intuitive.  I used Excel to paste stuff into Word, rather than Word to paste stuff into other software. 
1994 Chinook Concourse
2015 Rpod 179 - sold
lostagain View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Nov 2018 at 10:14am
I use google as my browser, but it is really safari underneath.  I think it's the computer goddess wanting another chicken sacrificed, or maybe some bacon.  That bacon pie would make a pretty good sacrifice.  By the way, furpod, what's under the bacon?  Looks like some kind of quiche to me, but I could be wrong.

As for the guy poisoning the well with the pint of bleach, what if I was the dumbell who arrived in the park just after he left and you didn't see me come in and I had a big thirst and went over to the pump and ........ just say'in.  

And, while I'm on a rant, I used to use Word Perfect until I left my active trial practice and went inside to a giant multi-national corporation where they used Word.  Night and day in comparison.  Word Perfect was a vastly more intuitive and easier to use program, but it has gradually disappeared, though I still have it on one PC.  And, an engineer whom i often hired as an expert elevator engineer, and who read quantum physics for recreation, said that Corel's spread sheet was vastly superior.  This was a while back, though.

So, back to the subject of topic drift, it is better than trying to converse with an automated chat system, like the one Microsoft has.
Fred & Maria Kearney
Sonoma 167RB
Our Pod 172
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 8>