Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
Guest Group
Guest Group
Direct Link To This Post Topic: Mining Issue
    Posted: 31 Dec 2018 at 5:20am
Originally posted by furpod

Originally posted by Tars Tarkas

I agree, it's totally silly.  It may have something to do with ad revenue though.  We go off on some tangents here, but it seems like we generally try to provide the best info we can.  To that end, it seems a shame that we can't say that there is more, better, info on such and such a forum no matter where we're posting.  Sharing info is pretty much what the internet is all about. 
TT

I do not believe I have ever heard or seen this happen here. I personally talk about other groups, forums, and pages from time to time. If you feel like you have been moderated in some manner for mentioning other resources, please let an admin know.

+1
We just don't do that here. In fact, it was censorship and post deletes (on another forum) that sparked the creation of this forum. All of the admins take this very seriously.

That said, and generally speaking, the web and social media platforms are changing and coming under increasing scrutiny. For example, think of reports in the news of foreign entities using social media platforms to attempt to influence our political elections. (just one of the reasons we don't talk politics here)

What darned few "rules" that we DO have are not there to restrict us. To the contrary, they are there to help keep us free. Something to think about.

Happy New Year to all! Thanks to you folks, Rpod Owners is entering it's 10th year! To celebrate, I think we should waive everyone's membership dues for all of 2019!    

mcarter View Drop Down
podders Helping podders - pHp

Online Status: Offline
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Dec 2018 at 5:42am
I certainly have never seen it on this forum. In fact we just had a post with members recommended other sources of info. Evidently not welcome on the "other" forum:) So they deleted my post and sent me a nicely worded warning.
Mike Carter
2015 178
" I had the right to remain silent, I just didn't have the ability."
mcarter View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Dec 2018 at 5:50am
BTYW - Here is rule I broke - "Our user base is not a resource to be "mined" by individuals, groups, or businesses, for profit or not for profit. The use of F----- R---- F----- to solicit members and/or customers for other groups, lists or businesses is expressly forbidden.
Mike Carter
2015 178
" I had the right to remain silent, I just didn't have the ability."
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Dec 2018 at 6:48am

I'm going to go (not too far) out on a limb and predict that we will see an increasing amount of this sort of thing (again, generally speaking). There are "calls" for some degree of accountability regarding social media activity.

Though unrelated and as an example, locally, we had an explosion at a high school and there were those who quickly posted stuff to the social medias that was not at all correct. This sort of thing causes panic, distress.....problems. Who should be accountable for this? (the incident was not evil but instead, a natural gas leak).

I'm sorry it happened to you, as I am certain your intentions were 100% good. I think you have the right attitude. It is their sandbox and if you want to play there, you play by their rules. I don't envy the moderators of the larger media sites.

furpod View Drop Down
Moderator Group - pHp
Moderator Group - pHp

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Dec 2018 at 8:25am
Just as a note... THIS forum exists because the owner of the Nation forum was very heavy handed moderation and rules wise, specifically concerning the discussion of other dealers or forums. It was an ugly time when the forum split..
furpod View Drop Down
Moderator Group - pHp
Moderator Group - pHp

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Dec 2018 at 8:27am
Damn my slow connection while on the beach.. LOL
GlueGuy View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Dec 2018 at 10:08am
Originally posted by mcarter

BTYW - Here is rule I broke - "Our user base is not a resource to be "mined" by individuals, groups, or businesses, for profit or not for profit. The use of F----- R---- F----- to solicit members and/or customers for other groups, lists or businesses is expressly forbidden.
Ah. I see. They are afraid you're using their forum to "mine" for new users for some other forum. Thereby depriving them of ad or click revenue.
bp
2017 R-Pod 179 Hood River
2015 Ford F150 SuperCrew 4WD 3.5L Ecoboost
mjlrpod View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Dec 2018 at 10:11am
I got booted from pod fb  site because i said what i thought about my pod. i mostly say good things about it, but there are those few things that really need to be mentioned like the stupid dump pipe hanger etc.. I found them to be controlling, and either you submit or your out.
2017.5 Rp-172
2020 R-pod 195
2015 Frontier sv 4.0L 6cyl
I'll be rpodding
jato View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Dec 2018 at 1:34pm
[QUOTE=David]
Happy New Year to all! Thanks to you folks, Rpod Owners is entering it's 10th year! To celebrate, I think we should waive everyone's membership dues for all of 2019!    

++++++++++++++++++++++++++  Yes,  you have my vote David. Thumbs Up
God's pod
'11 model 177
'17 Ford F-150 4WD 3.5 Ecoboost
Jim and Diane by beautiful Torch Lake
"...and you will know the Truth and the Truth will set you free."
Live2Camp View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Dec 2018 at 1:56pm
Originally posted by jato

[QUOTE=David]

++++++++++++++++++++++++++  Yes,  you have my vote David. Thumbs Up

Works for me, thanks! Wink Happy New Year all, here's to tons of fun RPodding for all of us Smile

2017 R-Pod 179 HRE (the green one)
His:Ford F150 double cab 4WD; Hers/mine:Tacoma V6 double cab 4WD
Still love rugged, diggin' comfy too
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>