R-pod Owners Forum Homepage

This site is free to use.
Donations benefit a non-profit Girls Softball organization

Forum Home Forum Home > Non-pod Discussion Forums > Mods, Maintenance, Tips and Tricks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedNew Wiring in Walls/Ceiling

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
seantx View Drop Down

Online Status: Offline
Direct Link To This Post Topic: New Wiring in Walls/Ceiling
    Posted: 07 Jan 2019 at 11:25pm
Hey all.
New owner of a 2019 gulfstream rk199. My intention was to get a pod but sitjation being what it is (work is paying for half the cost of the camper) I got the gulfstream. No problem though as so far the GS is great.

One thing that wasn't an option for me with this unit was an integrated sound system with the TV. I've added a 32" TV on a pedestal mount that is very secure and folds/pivots in any direction needed.
What I'd like to do is add small surface mount speakers high on the wall near the ceiling in a couple of places. The problem is getting the speaker cable to those spots. It almost seems as if it would be easiest to go under the camper with the cable in conduit then up the wall on the inside of a cabinet than going across the ceiling and down the walls.

All other aspects of the sound system will be a breeze but I'm not seeing a viable way to run cables in the walls. Any ideas or insights would be appreciated. The walls in my RK are very similar to a pod if it helps.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12