Topic ClosedCrater Lake/Zion - Event Date: 26 Aug 2019 - 01 Sep 2019

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Groupie
Groupie

Online Status: Offline
Direct Link To This Post Calendar Event: Crater Lake/Zion
    Posted: 13 Jan 2019 at 2:09pm
Just wondering if anyone knows of RV sites in these parks, or do you just stay outside the park in a private park?  My TBWB (Travel Buddy without benefits) needs power for AC and Cpap. We will be coming from the Rpod rally at Cannon Beach heading southwest. Thanks in advance!
FROGGY
Tars Tarkas View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 2019 at 2:21pm
I've only been to Zion without a trailer.  One of the roads out -- going east as I recall -- does not allow trailers.  I don't know about RV parks.  We stayed a the lodge.  The point I'm trying to make is do your due diligence carefully -- not just about where to stay but about to get there and to the next stop on your itinerary. 

Garmin makes a GPS unit for RVs that takes the height of your vehicle, length, road restrictions, etc., into account when determining a route.  Something like that might be worth it for this trip.

TT
2010 176
FJ Cruiser
Live2Camp View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 2019 at 2:58pm
I agree with Tars' suggestions. Also, for U.S. National Parks in general it's always good to check their official websites for each park. Once everything is fully reopened you'll find road & weather conditions, length restrictions, camping info, etc. etc. So for Crater Lake it's www.nps.gov/crla and for Zion it's www.nps.gov/zion    For any U.S. National Park, you can just go to www.nps.gov or you can go directly to the park using their naming convention: Four letters that are either the first four letters of a one-word name (e.g. Zion above) or the first two letters of the first two words of a name (e.g., Crater Lake is crla). Many trailer campers find it much easier to stay outside at least some of the National Parks, and then use your TV for enjoying day trips in and around the park; depending on terrain, road restrictions, hookups or not (mostly not in National Parks except for some ADA sites), etc. Hope this helps! You'll certainly be camping in and travelling through gorgeous country. 
2017 R-Pod 179 HRE (the green one)
His:Ford F150 double cab 4WD; Hers/mine:Tacoma V6 double cab 4WD
Still love rugged, diggin' comfy too
Billy Bob View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2019 at 11:07am
+1 to the above.....Ive been  too zion....if  i remember right, zion inside the  park has no hook ups and no generators  are allowed.  lots of parks outside of zion.  also NO vehicles to get around the park except their bus system which is free and great.  if you stay at the lodge, you may park there.
2019 RPOD 190
2017 Chev Colorado 4 X 4
Yellow Lab and English Springer Spaniel
 Post Reply Post Reply