R-pod Owners Forum Homepage

This site is free to use.
Donations benefit a non-profit Girls Softball organization

Forum Home Forum Home > R-pod Discussion Forums > Reviews and General Information
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedR-Pod 195 sneak peak teaser

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 8>
Author
podders Helping podders - pHp

Online Status: Offline
Direct Link To This Post Topic: R-Pod 195 sneak peak teaser
    Posted: 05 Mar 2019 at 9:05am
The dinette area does not look much different than the one in the 179. I would probably do the same modification that I did for our 179 to both make the table so that it is out of the way while traveling and have the full bench seat available. My wife does not care much for the curved back cushions either so that would also likely be carried over. If the length is the same, I could just keep my sliding platform and home-built cushions and store the curved ones away.
StephenH
Happy is the man that findeth wisdom,...

ouR escaPOD mods
Former RPod 179
Current Cherokee Grey Wolf 24 JS
Subzilla View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Mar 2019 at 12:03pm
More pics and virtual tour on FR site:  
http://www.forestriverinc.com/product-details.aspx?LineID=173&Image=5054&ShowParent=1&ModelID=4588&fbclid=IwAR1S9jAHvEJ1006YVun7-whmCQPIpYWJX6nr2qTCiHu4FFO71NoWYaU5SjQ#Main

Virtual tour shows alot of the details.

Mark
Concord, NC
2017 RP 179 "Podzilla"
2011 Silverado 1500 4X4
StephenH View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Mar 2019 at 4:00pm
Thanks Mark. I'm impressed with it.The door window has a label "Thin Shade Ready." That looks interesting.
StephenH

ouR escaPOD mods
Former RPod 179
Subzilla View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Mar 2019 at 6:40am
I saw the door window....was also wondering about it.  They now have "labeled" switches by the door and a vent hood over the stove!  Also have a solar ready control box by the bathroom.  It is a neat floor plan but still lacking the kitchen counter space of the 179 that we like.  

Mark
Concord, NC
2017 RP 179 "Podzilla"
2011 Silverado 1500 4X4
StephenH View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Mar 2019 at 9:18am
That is probably the only downside is the loss of kitchen counter space. I'm not sure if a drop-leaf shelf could be made to fit somewhere to make up the difference. Also, it looks like the only way to be able to use the convection-microwave will be to have the slide-out extended. The stove could be reached with the slide-out retracted. I'm not sure about running the furnace with the slide-out retracted either.

I was just looking again. I dont' know if I like the full-length door on the pantry. Since there is no refrigeration wiring or gas line, the bottom of the pantry would not necessarily need to be closed off and the door/doors could be more like the ones for the 179. The space underneath would just need to be finished off for appearance with clearance for the slide-out bottom to go over the top. The slide-out wiring could be in the base of the ottoman next to the pantry. I think that would make more sense.
StephenH

ouR escaPOD mods
Former RPod 179
mjlrpod View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Mar 2019 at 3:34pm
The virtual tour looks awesome. I'm psyched to see this in real life. I hope they get all the tech specs listed soon. Weight, length, width etc.. Anyone interested in a lightly used 172?  heh

2017.5 Rp-172
2020 R-pod 195
2015 Frontier sv 4.0L 6cyl
I'll be rpodding
StephenH View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Mar 2019 at 5:56pm
I just saw something on the 3D walk-through on the FR site. There are slots next to the entry door. I also noticed that the legs on the table look different than the ones used on many models. They are curved and there is no evidence of the swivel arrangement to raise/lower it. My guess is that the legs on the table fold and the table is stowed in the slot by the door which would be behind the shower if I am seeing the pictures correctly. That will be a major improvement to get rid of the annoying table mechanism!
StephenH

ouR escaPOD mods
Former RPod 179
kymooses View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Mar 2019 at 7:18pm
Added the rest of the photos of have including the back ones since Forest River jumped the gun on me.
StephenH View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Mar 2019 at 7:51pm
Thanks Travis. I can now see that my speculation about the refrigerator vent being on the roof appears to be correct. That should indeed provide better performance of the refrigerator. I like the ladder on the back. That will be quite useful.
Can you confirm that the frame is wider and the axle mounts are closer to the wheels? Also, do you have any information on the table that would confirm or contradict my speculation that the legs are fold-down and that the space beside the door is where the table is stowed for travel?
StephenH

ouR escaPOD mods
Former RPod 179
Richand Cindy View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Mar 2019 at 2:52pm
This design to us is a winner.  A bigger refrigerator and walk around bed is the main reason we sold our 180.  However, we bought the tow vehicle first (big mistake) and therefore was limited to 4500 lbs.  So the 180 was perfect for our Jeep to pull it.  I do not think it would be strong enough to pull a 195.  That being said it appears most people have bigger TV's anyway so the increased weight would not be an issue.  Only one thing bothers me.  Our 180 bounced around the highway alot and we had to take it slow.  Our new RV is double axle and it does not bounce at all and every once in a while I find my speed drifting upwards.  I once hit 80 with it and did not even know it.  So I would think hard before buying a 22 foot, 3300 lb RV that was single axle. 
OLD 2017.5 RPOD 180 + 2015 Jeep Cherokee Trailhawk
NEW: 2018 Passport Elite 23RB + 2017 Ram 1500 Diesel
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 8>