R-pod Owners Forum Homepage

This site is free to use.
Donations benefit a non-profit Girls Softball organization

Forum Home Forum Home > R-pod Discussion Forums > Podmods, Maintenance, Tips and Tricks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Topic Closedstep

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Groupie
Groupie

Online Status: Offline
Direct Link To This Post Topic: step
    Posted: 04 Jun 2010 at 5:58pm
Well i took our 177 over to CW to have a new 2 step put on. The lad that was going to put it on said , why put it on that he could raise it by one and a half to one and three quarters of a inch so i said go to it. I am ahead of myself here. I am handicapped and that first step was like a free fall for me and the raising one and a half inch was just great. This was a big deal for me, probably not so for you younger ones. I was so excited to get it done that i did not take pics of him doing the mod. If you have trouble with a eleven inch first step you may want to try this. I do not have the lift kit on our unit.
techntrek View Drop Down
Admin Group - pHp
Admin Group - pHp

Online Status: Offline
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jun 2010 at 9:25pm

Going by memory, the step is much closer to the ground than to the floor of the 'pod so I can see that you would want it raised.  We don't have the riser either and I'm actually considering removing the step entirely.  Its the last low-hanging item and I still scrape it at times.  I'll take a portable step to use in its place.

If you get a chance to post a picture in the mods section that would be nice so we can see the difference.

Doug ~ '10 171 (2009-2015) ~ 2008 Salem ~ Pod instruction manual
 Post Reply Post Reply