R-pod Owners Forum Homepage

This site is free to use.
Donations benefit a non-profit Girls Softball organization

Forum Home Forum Home > R-pod Discussion Forums > Reviews and General Information
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedLeaving the RPod

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Groupie
Groupie

Online Status: Offline
Direct Link To This Post Topic: Leaving the RPod
    Posted: 05 Mar 2019 at 7:33am
Hey Podders,
     We love our RPod but now that we have a larger TV we have decided to upgrade to something bigger. I have to say the RPod 179 was an excellent first camper, everything worked well and it towed easy for a total beginner. Despite the negative posts here, I feel the RPod is very well built, and very well thought out. As we look at larger campers I'm not surprised to see how many smaller units have the same floorplan, imitation is the sincerest form of flattery.

I am glad to have found this forum, in my 3 yrs with the Pod I have not found a better source of information than this forum, anywhere. I have resolved many issues by asking here, and am shocked at how quickly my questions were answered.  I will leave the Pod but not this forum as most of what I learned here applies to any camper.

We had thought about joining the rally in Weston, Mo in May but did not get it put together in time, then decided to move up. We may still stop in and meet some podders as it is only 2hrs from home.

I hope you all have a safe 2019. Thank you for everything.
2017 RPod 179
2018 Chevy Colorado Z71 4x4
StephenH View Drop Down
podders Helping podders - pHp

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Mar 2019 at 8:55am
There are some others who have changed from RPods to something larger, either another trailer or a motorhome but still stay around. Do you have any idea of what you are looking for? What do you think of the 195 floor plan and pictures? That is getting my attention as it has the walk-around queen yet keeps the rear kitchen of the 179, even if it does lose counter space.
StephenH
Happy is the man that findeth wisdom,...

ouR escaPOD mods
Former RPod 179
Current Cherokee Grey Wolf 24 JS
dr2428 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Mar 2019 at 6:27pm
Originally posted by StephenH

There are some others who have changed from RPods to something larger, either another trailer or a motorhome but still stay around. Do you have any idea of what you are looking for? What do you think of the 195 floor plan and pictures? That is getting my attention as it has the walk-around queen yet keeps the rear kitchen of the 179, even if it does lose counter space.

StephenH,
     I do plan to stay on the forum, it has been a most valuable resource for us and I hope I can contribute something useful occasionally.  I haven't been on much lately due to work and other things but I'll try to keep up. I do like the new 195, I wish it was out when we bought our 179. One of the things we wanted was a full bath. We simply decided to go bigger since we have a new 2018 Colorado gas V6. We are looking at the Imagine XLS 17MKE but also the Imagine XLS 22RBE which is a little heavier but should be ok as the truck will have ample reserve, and we don't travel in mountains or off road.

I appreciate the experts that make this forum such a great thing, and will miss my Rpod. One advantage was we could fit in any campsite in the place, we often were the standout in our group of large trailers, and fifth wheels.

Thank you
2017 RPod 179
2018 Chevy Colorado Z71 4x4
Ben Herman View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Mar 2019 at 7:49pm
I took a look at the Imagine trailers - they look really nice! I'd be afraid to do any of my mods to them with screws, etc though. Best of luck to you!
Richand Cindy View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Mar 2019 at 8:48pm
We also loved our POD but had to trade up to something larger so went with a Keystone Passport.  We still frequent the boards to help others as we learned everything from this board and try to pay it forward.  There is not another RV forum that is as helpful as this one.  This is a great group.
OLD 2017.5 RPOD 180 + 2015 Jeep Cherokee Trailhawk
NEW: 2018 Passport Elite 23RB + 2017 Ram 1500 Diesel
StephenH View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Mar 2019 at 9:20pm
The Imagine looks nice. It has some nice features, especially the 4 season heated, enclosed tanks. The unloaded weight which is high enough would quickly climb with the larger fresh water capacity to beyond what I would feel comfortable towing with our 2010 Nissan Frontier. As long as you have a suitable tow vehicle, it looks like it will be a comfortable camping trailer.
StephenH
Happy is the man that findeth wisdom,...

ouR escaPOD mods
Former RPod 179
Current Cherokee Grey Wolf 24 JS
Woodmiester View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Mar 2019 at 2:07pm
Well, its good to hear you are hooked on camping!!

We are going the opposite route.  My wife and I started tent camping 50 years ago with the kids, then went up to a pop up for a few years, then to a hybrid (Pull out beds) then to a 33 ft VR1 with a full bath and a Ford 350 Diesel to pull it with.  

All the kids and grandkids are grown now and it is just my wife and me, and the Pod 190 fits us perfectly and is a breeze to tow and store.  We pull the 190 with a Ford Explorer Sport Track  4.0 V6

Where ever you go, heres wishing you safe travels and boat loads of fun.
Swampfox
 Post Reply Post Reply