R-pod Owners Forum Homepage

This site is free to use.
Donations benefit a non-profit Girls Softball organization

Forum Home Forum Home > R-pod Discussion Forums > Introduce Yourself
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedProblem with 7-Way RV Blade Socket - Event Date: 05 Apr 2019 - 10 Apr 2019

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Online Status: Offline
Direct Link To This Post Calendar Event: Problem with 7-Way RV Blade Socket
    Posted: 04 Apr 2019 at 4:18pm
Hello Again!

2 weeks ago I had a Curt Triflex 51140 brake controller installed on my 2005 GMC Envoy SLT.

Then last week I had a local mechanic change out all my fluids in anticipation of our trip to Cincinnati in 2 weeks to pickup our new Rpod.  While they were at it, I also asked them to give the Envoy a look see to ensure there weren’t any other problems that needed addressing.

Well, they weren’t able, time-wise, to finish troubleshooting my vehicle side 7-Way Blade Connector.  But they told me it wasn’t working properly for both the battery and taillight connections, which obviously I need to get fixed before we leave for Cincinnati.

Since everything was working fine last Fall when we were towing our Coleman pop-up camper, and I just had a new brake controller installed, I wondered if the brake controller install was possibly the culprit while connecting the brake controller to the blue wire.  So, I stopped by the brake controller shop, they checked out their install, and they told me everything involved with the install looked fine.

Any thoughts out there?  Obviously I need to get my 7-Way fixed before I leave.  Most likely headed back to the mechanic who changed all my fluids to continue troubleshooting same.

Thanks again!  I look forward to being of assistance in the future, just as all you have been to me thus far.

Jack

2019 1/2 10th Anniversary Rpod 179
2005 GMC Envoy SLT
crw8sr View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Apr 2019 at 4:57pm
Make sure your connector is clean and corrosion free.  
Chuck & Lyn
Izzy, Morkie. RIP
Zoe Joy & Gracie, Yorkie
2018 R Pod 190   
2019 Traverse

In moments of adversity;when life's a total wreck, I think of those worse off than me and really feel like heck.
GlueGuy View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Apr 2019 at 6:04pm
^^^^^^^ this ^^^^^^^

The brake controller only affects the one wire. I'd check the connector for sure.

bp
2017 R-Pod 179 Hood River
2015 Ford F150 SuperCrew 4WD 3.5L Ecoboost
offgrid View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Apr 2019 at 6:31pm
You need the taillights to work but the battery connection to charge your trailer battery can wait if need be. 

Do you have a voltmeter? If so, check the connector outputs yourself, with someone in the vechicle operating it. You can google up the connector  pinout on etraiter or other sites. 
1994 Chinook Concourse
1995 RV6A Experimental Aircraft
2015 Rpod 179 - sold
podwerkz View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Apr 2019 at 9:54pm
Some vehicles supply power on that battery charge line only when the engine is running, or ON.

Others supply power even if the vehicle engine is not running, so be sure to test the battery charge line with the engine running, and with it off.

It goes without saying to double check all the fuses.
r・pod 171 gone but not forgotten!
 Post Reply Post Reply