Forum Home Forum Home > R-pod Discussion Forums > Introduce Yourself
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Topic Closed176 t separation

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Online Status: Offline
Direct Link To This Post Topic: 176 t separation
    Posted: 13 Apr 2019 at 9:19pm
Has anyone experienced the tent separating from the top of the canvas?  We looked at one today and it has separated from the top.  Is this a normal thing?  Can it be fixed?  The current owner has had this fixed 2 different times by the dealership.  We want this Pod, but are concerned as it was told to us there is some water that comes in.  The dealership asked the owner if they are putting out the tent correctly?  I know they have not used the camper a lot over the last couple of years.  We are new to the site and want to get this Pod.  Thank you, Gary and Shannon
Happy Tripping View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Apr 2019 at 1:06pm
I can't help you but have an observation.

If the tent is truly canvas, the design is out dated 20 years or more. It's not a reflection on you, a lot of tents for the mass market still use canvas, but there are much better materials now. Lower volume but high quality tent makers use them, Pahaque, (for one that has r-pod related stuff) is an example. I personally would not touch a tent made of canvas with a 20 foot pole. (Except for specialty use - like my reproduction revolutionary war era lean-to.)

My only suggestion is to go to an awning maker if one is in your area - they are getting scarce, and see what they say.

Good luck  Confused

Motor7 View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Apr 2019 at 6:01pm
Wait....we need some pictures of the exact issue. When I bought my used 176T I could not close the rear hatch without dislodging the tent edging from the trailer(that is the attachment point along the top edge). I had to remove the screws on the hatch hinge(the full length one along the bottom), adjust the whole lid, then re-attach the screws. 

Oh, and the Hybrid bump outs are not made of canvas, it is a vinyl coated fabric but I can't remember the brand. 
2016 R-Pod 176T
 Post Reply Post Reply