R-pod Owners Forum Homepage

This site is free to use.
Donations benefit a non-profit Girls Softball organization

Forum Home Forum Home > R-pod Discussion Forums > Events and Campouts
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedCarolina’s Pod Rally - September 20-23, 2019 - Event Date: 20 Sep 2019 - 23 Sep 2019

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2345>
Author

Online Status: Offline
Direct Link To This Post Calendar Event: Carolina’s Pod Rally - September 20-23, 2019
    Posted: 07 Sep 2019 at 2:32pm
You may already know this but with the app Tunein radio and your phone you can stream the audio for any local TV or radio station (as long as it streams its content and you have service where you are).  I live in Florida but listen to my favorite Los Angeles and Boston public radio stations all the time.
Julie
GlueGuy View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Sep 2019 at 3:35pm
Originally posted by EchoGale

You may already know this but with the app Tunein radio and your phone you can stream the audio for any local TV or radio station (as long as it streams its content and you have service where you are).  I live in Florida but listen to my favorite Los Angeles and Boston public radio stations all the time.
Florida is flat. RF signals propagate like crazy there. Go to California, or any other western state with mountains, and you will learn the concept of "fringe" reception. Some places I can drive for an hour or two and not get any cell reception at all. TV is even harder.
bp
2017 R-Pod 179 Hood River
2015 Ford F150 SuperCrew 4WD 3.5L Ecoboost
JayRom View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Sep 2019 at 7:42pm
Dave & Vicki-   Yes this is posted on the Facebook group which is under R-Pod Owners. Travis is the moderator of that group as well.   In the FB is where I do have haps of the campground and where everyone is staying, so it makes it a little easier to know your neighbors.   The FB group is a great tool.   There is an events tab where all the rally’s are listed. I know not everyone is on FB and one of the fellow podders reminded me the this platform is used by a lot and many that are on here are not on FB.   
JayRom
The B.L.U.E. Pod Squad
metaldpod View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Sep 2019 at 8:31am
JayRom, we just booked lot 47 so you can cancel lot 33 for us.  Also I did join facebook so I will be able to keep up on happenings a little better.  On the antenna issue we will probably still bring it and hope for the best, thanks to all for your advice  -  dave
David and Vicki Snyder, 2015 R179, 2012 Jeep Grand Cherokee
EchoGale View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Sep 2019 at 6:02pm
Well I'm not a parochial never been out of Florida person (in fact lived out west for years.)  Its why I said "if you have reception."  My experience in the southeast mountains (where this rally will be) has been that I've usually had decent reception and might work to get audio when tv reception doesn't.
Julie
duldcimerbob View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Sep 2019 at 9:39am
Not going to make it due to health reasons . Sorry
JayRom View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Sep 2019 at 1:26pm
I hope everything is ok. Safe travels wherever Pod travels take you.
JayRom
The B.L.U.E. Pod Squad
JayRom View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Sep 2019 at 10:31am
Stephen -   Please give Ruth this recipe- it was for the sweet salad at the Podluck.   Thanks! Hope y’all made it back safely!

Heres the recipe I promised you. Please forward to Ruth and Lisa. There was one other person requesting the recipe, but I don't know her name 🙄

Sweet Salad
1 bunch red leaf lettuce
1 Granny Smith apple, peeled and sliced
1 package raspberries
1 package strawberries
20 grapes
6 oz cashews
Dressing:
1 cup canola oil
1/2 cup red wine vinegar
1/2 cup grated parmesan
1/2 cup sugar
6 Tbs red onion, chopped
1 tsp dry mustard
2 Tbs poppy seeds
JayRom
The B.L.U.E. Pod Squad
StephenH View Drop Down
podders Helping podders - pHp

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Sep 2019 at 7:01am
Thank you! I will give it to her.

We made it back safely. Now to get the axle replaced. I hope it goes quickly. I don't expect Lippert will give too much of a hassle about it. Hopefully, they will reimburse the labor as well since the axle is less than a year old.
StephenH
Happy is the man that findeth wisdom,...

ouR escaPOD mods
Former RPod 179
Current Cherokee Grey Wolf 24 JS
StephenH View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2019 at 7:17pm
Time for an update. Lippert did come through and the axle is being replaced under warranty. Todd at Lippert told me that a complete axle (including brakes and hubs) was being shipped. What arrived at Shaw RV in Louisberg, NC was the axle without the brakes and hubs. I called Lippert and the brakes/hubs are being sent to Shaw RV. While Shaw is not where we bought the RPod, they are authorized for Lippert service. They are also only about 15 minutes away from us which is much better than the 2-1/2 hour drive it used to take to get to the dealer in Lexington, NC. That dealer is no longer selling RPods, so there is no incentive to go there. Shaw RV does not sell RPods either, except for ones they take in trade. They recently had a 178 (IIRC) which they sold a day or two ago.

Lippert is also covering the labor for the installation of the new axle. I was led to believe I would need to pay and then file for reimbursement, but today at Shaw, I was told they would contact Lippert about filing for payment directly with Lippert. Thumbs Up
StephenH
Happy is the man that findeth wisdom,...

ouR escaPOD mods
Former RPod 179
Current Cherokee Grey Wolf 24 JS
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2345>