R-pod Owners Forum Homepage

This site is free to use.
Donations benefit a non-profit Girls Softball organization

Forum Home Forum Home > R-pod Discussion Forums > I need HELP!!!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedDewinterizing

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Online Status: Offline
Direct Link To This Post Topic: Dewinterizing
    Posted: 01 May 2019 at 2:47pm
always can use help on this so I don't miss anything. Thanks
kp57george
Billy Bob View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 May 2019 at 6:09pm
I've never had to do that in southern nevada, but would think turn the bypass valves by the pump and water heater, hook up water and run both cold and hot water through every orfice to flush out the antifreeze.

Must be a lot of UTUBE video's on this.
2019 RPOD 190
2017 Chev Colorado 4 X 4
Yellow Lab and English Springer Spaniel
lostagain View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 May 2019 at 7:15pm
Check the archives on this topic and you should find something.  Basically, you want to get the anti-freeze out of the system, i.e. the pink stuff.  When you winterized you should have bypassed the water heater with two valves, in and out.  Leave them alone until you clear out the lines.  Hook up your city water and run it through all the lines - sink hot and cold, shower hot and cold and toilet.  When you have no more pink stuff, you will have most of it out.  Then turn off the city water.  

You need to also get the anti-freeze out of the water pump and the little bit of tubing that connects it to the water system.  Put some water in your fresh water tank and turn on the pump at the switch on the face of the galley cabinet.  Turn on the cold water and run it with the pump until it is clear.  You may want to turn on the hot side too, just in case some anti-freeze got in that line.  Once all the pink is gone, turn off the pump.  

Once you have all the anti-freeze out of the pipes, then you need to put the hot water heater back into service.  First, make sure you've replaced your anode rod using plumbers tape to seal it.  Tighten it very snug with a socket wrench.  Once the anode is secure, go back and open your bypass valves so the handles are in line with the pipes.  Turn your city water back on and turn on the hot water in the galley and shower to let the air out of the water heater tank.  Once you have free flowing (no air) water coming out, then you can turn off the hot water valves in the shower and sink.  

You're done.  Be sure to check your electric water heater switches to be sure they are both off.  One is on the outside of the water heater in the left lower quadrant, under some gas lines.  The other is the breaker for 120vac water heater circuit.  The water heater switch on the galley cabinet is only for gas operation.  Hope this helps.
Never leave footprints behind.
Fred & Maria Kearney
Sonoma 167RB
Our Pod 172
2019 Ford F-150 4x4 2.7 EcoBoost
kp57george View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 May 2019 at 7:18pm
The problem I still have is getting the water pump to run the water into the faucets. The winterizing solutions have been flushed. The water tank has been filled. I hear the pumpchurning, Air comes through, no water. I changed the anode. Hot water is in the hot water tank. I just must have some lines not open.
kp57george
kp57george View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 May 2019 at 7:22pm
Thanks. I will hit it all agian tomorrow, Appreciate your help. George
kp57george
StephenH View Drop Down
podders Helping podders - pHp
podders Helping podders - pHp

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2019 at 10:15pm
Check the valve that connects to the stub tube that is used for putting the pink stuff into the system. If all you are pumping is air, then it is very likely that the valve is set still to draw from an antifreeze bottle and not the water tank.I've had this happen to me also. Now I change it back as soon as I finish pumping antifreeze so I won't forget the following spring.
StephenH
Happy is the man that findeth wisdom,...

ouR escaPOD mods
Former RPod 179
Current Cherokee Grey Wolf 24 JS
Ted View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jun 2019 at 2:30pm
Thank you StephenH.  Problem solved!  The valve was still set to draw antifreeze.  I'm now ready for the road - - - I hope.
Ted
 Post Reply Post Reply