This site is free to use.
Donations benefit a non-profit Girls Softball organization

Forum Home Forum Home > R-pod Discussion Forums > Introduce Yourself
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedBedding Warranty? - Event Date: 03 May 2019 - 24 May 2019

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Online Status: Offline
Direct Link To This Post Calendar Event: Bedding Warranty?
    Posted: 03 May 2019 at 7:47pm
Brand new Rpod 179. Have slept in it 2 nights total thus far.

Bedding already sagging 2 inches where I sleep. I weigh 235 pounds. Sagging extremely visible no matter where you are in the camper. Not at all happy with this.

Do we have any warranty options? This is absolutely ridiculous!

Thanks in advance.

Jack
2019 1/2 RPOD 179
2005 GMC Envoy SLT
lostagain View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2019 at 8:28pm
Here is a link to the warranty from Forest River:  https://www.forestriverinc.com/downloads/TowableWarranty.pdf

In all probability the warranty applicable to the mattress is the one from the mattress manufacturer.  Take a look in your materials for equipment from other manufacturers that should have come with the trailer, such as the stove, water heater, etc.  If the mattress info is not there, call FR and they should be able to put you in touch with the manufacturer to get the warranty info.

But, don't get your hopes up.  Lower end lightweight trailers notoriously have lousy mattresses that won't sustain someone your weight, or anyone over 90 pounds for that matter.  In the forum there are lots of discussion threads on alternative mattresses.  Look for mattresses in the search function in the upper right of the page.  It's best to go into advanced search and expand the time frame to the last year.  Once you find the threads, you'll find lots of information about replacement mattresses.
Never leave footprints behind.
Fred & Maria Kearney
Sonoma 167RB
Our Pod 172
2019 Ford F-150 4x4 2.7 EcoBoost
Awchief View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2019 at 7:39am
If you open up your mattress (it zips open) and look at the insides you will see the problem. Many RV owners swap out the cheap crappy OEM mattresses with a quality foam mattress 8 to 10 inches. This is a popular model from Amazon. There are many others available. As soon as I brought my 19/189 home I pulled it out and replaced with the Zinus. I gave them OEM one to the local fire department. 

Michael
 Post Reply Post Reply