Forum Home Forum Home > General Camping > Camp Grounds
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedBeverly Beach Fl

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Online Status: Offline
Direct Link To This Post Topic: Beverly Beach Fl
    Posted: 10 May 2019 at 9:19am
Just got back from a few days at Beverly Beach (between St. Augustine and Daytona).  The campground was pricey but we knew that going in.  The ocean front view from the rear window on the 172 was something to behold. 

That said the sites were really small (and everyone else was in monster busses).  To save primo real estate they had the utilities set up to so two campers could share one station.  Problem was that that meant they we also effectively shared a small patio area with the camper opposite us. Our neighbors smoked constantly and had two big dogs they couldn't control (actually attacked a little dog walking by).  Good thing I love to be in my rpod because I was inside most of the time.

Won't be back there. Wacko
Julie
texman View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2019 at 10:12am
That is why i like boondocking.  too many camping trips ruined by people, dogs, smoke, noise, pollution, crowding, etc.  i'm sure we each have a list we can add here.  At least you had a great view and you got to camp!  that makes it worth it.  And a  campfire i hope.  Cant' be camping without a campfire. 
TexMan 2015 182g
2018 Sequoia
TexManMods
texman View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2019 at 10:16am
also, i have found that camping in the campgrounds that don't have hookups cures a lot of the problems that interfere with camping bliss.  A lot of camps have areas with and without hookups.  Those big buses don't usually like the no power option.
TexMan 2015 182g
2018 Sequoia
TexManMods
 Post Reply Post Reply