Forum Home Forum Home > R-pod Discussion Forums > Introduce Yourself
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Topic Closedrpod cover - Event Date: 20 May 2019

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Online Status: Offline
Direct Link To This Post Calendar Event: rpod cover
    Posted: 20 May 2019 at 6:46pm
Looking at purchasing an rpod 195. does the group recommend covering it when stored outside?  Also, does anyone have a certain brand they like?  We are not sure of measuments, but listed as 22 ft 2 ins long. It's larger than the rpods listed. Any suggestions on what size we should look at.  We would like door access when covered.  We live in OH and would also like 4 season cover.
Pod People View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2019 at 8:51am
We have a 179 and keep it covered during the winter and early spring.  the cover is primarily because of the huge amount of pollen and oak leaves that fall in our area of NC.  this cover keep the pod clean and makes it easier to wash and wax the pod in the spring. We don't cover it all year because we use it a lot during the spring, summer and fall.

We use the cover from Classic Accessories and it fits perfectly, including a zippered door section.  We are careful to protect the cover at each end of the keder rail sharp corners, the antenna and the sharp corners of the rail over the slide. We cut sections of a foam pool noodle to use as the protection.

Two people can install the cover using a long handled broom or extension pole.  We lay the cover upside down on the ground at the front of the pod, with the rear of the cover at the fartherest point away from the pod a frame.  Pick up that far end(which is the back end of the pod cover) and insert your tall pole and slowly pull it up and over the pod, carefully going over the antenna.  Work the cover from both side at the same time and keep pulling it toward the rear.  Once it is in place, there are 2 straps that go under the pod to secure the cover.

this is our second pod(we owned a 173 for 6 years before we got the 179).  We had a Classic Accessories cover for both pods and would definitely buy them again.  We have had no problems with the cover. I do not know if they make a cover yet for the 195, but assume they will soon if not already.

I hope this helps.  Welcome to the forum and pod ownership.
Vann

Vann & Laura 2015 RPod 179
Shane View Drop Down
podders Helping podders - pHp
podders Helping podders - pHp

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2019 at 9:24am
I only cover my R-Pod 180 in the winter when its in storage. During the spring through fall I keep it uncovered. I do however have it waxed twice a year to keep the gel coat in good shape and keep its nice shine and to protect it from the elements of nature. As far as the brand of cover I really cant remember the brand but I found mine at Camping world Chicago, It was specifically made for the 180, so just google RV covers and enter your specific model number of Pod. Hope that helps.
ENGINE 55,TRUCK 44,BATALLION 12
crw8sr View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2019 at 4:18pm
We have a Classic Accessories cover for our 190.  
Chuck & Lyn
Izzy, Morkie. RIP
Zoe Joy & Gracie, Yorkie
2018 R Pod 190   
2019 Traverse

In moments of adversity;when life's a total wreck, I think of those worse off than me and really feel like heck.
BobbyPerez View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2019 at 12:05am
Originally posted by Pod People

We have a 179 and keep it covered during the winter and early spring.  the cover is primarily because of the huge amount of pollen and oak leaves that fall in our area of NC.

I totally agree with the point as it is necessary in order to keep dust particles, other parasites away from the rpod.
Bobby B Perez
 Post Reply Post Reply