R-pod Owners Forum Homepage

This site is free to use.
Donations benefit a non-profit Girls Softball organization

Forum Home Forum Home > R-pod Discussion Forums > I need HELP!!!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedStinky poo pipe slinky thing

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author

Online Status: Offline
Direct Link To This Post Topic: Stinky poo pipe slinky thing
    Posted: 22 May 2019 at 10:09am
hey fellow POD-ers! Got my new girl just about set up and already checking out which MOD to start with.. but am not finding the poo drain slinky pipe! They talked about it during orientation but never showed it to me and now am thinking there isn't one. Could have sworn that there was at least a very basic one that came with the camper? I do plan to buy a better one anyways but was hoping to go a few trips and take a little break on the wallet! 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~/)~~~~~
2019 179 R-Pod ~ Daisy Mae
yesterdays are over my shoulder, so I can't look back for too long.
there's just too much to see, waiting in front of me.
StephenH View Drop Down
podders Helping podders - pHp
podders Helping podders - pHp

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2019 at 10:23am
Congratulations and welcome! I hope you have many fun adventures and make many great memories with your RPod.

Is there one in the carrier? Ours did not come with one. If you get one, be sure you get one that will fit the carrier. I could only get a 10' one to fit the original carrier. I can carry a longer one in my home-built carrier (see my mods, link in signature). I think it is dealer-dependent. Some have a package that includes one. Others don't but may give you a store credit to purchase some basic items. Others may leave that all to you. If yours did not include one, you could go to your local Walmart and pick one up as almost all the Walmarts I have been in have a small RV section in with their automotive department.
StephenH
Happy is the man that findeth wisdom,...

ouR escaPOD mods
Former RPod 179
Current Cherokee Grey Wolf 24 JS
Woodmiester View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2019 at 10:43am
Swampfox
Woodmiester View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2019 at 10:47am
You probably don't want the once they give you anyway.  I would go "first class" on this piece of equipment.  Good hose, fittings and adapters.  This is something you will use time and time again and will be happy you spent the money on it as time goes by.  Nothing worse than a busted line at the dump station with other people lined up behind you!
Swampfox
podwerkz View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2019 at 10:54am
Mine came with a short sewer hose, maybe about 5 feet or so, in a 'Starter Kit'...it was a medium sized white box with a few miscellaneous items.

But I have never used it (for the trailer itself) because it's too short, and it only came with one coupler on it...the other end is a bare cut-off end. I have used it for my 11 gallon 'blue boy' and it kinda works for that. (I added a 2nd coupler)

Actually you should buy a nice one anyway, I bought the mid-priced Camco RhinoFlex...seems to do the job for me and fits perfectly in the tube-carrier under the frame. This style of 'stinky-slinky' compresses down, or stays at the length you want, and is easy to work with, unlike the cheapos that seem to have a mind of their own because they are 'springy'. 

r・pod 171 gone but not forgotten!
GlueGuy View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2019 at 12:16pm
Our dealer provided a short one (10' I think) that was in a carrier bolted under the tongue. We used it on the first couple of trips we took, but it was clearly not long enough. We have since gotten a RhinoFlex and added a second carrier just behind the steps.
bp
2017 R-Pod 179 Hood River
2015 Ford F150 SuperCrew 4WD 3.5L Ecoboost
TheBum View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2019 at 12:34pm
We also got a freebie that was 10' long. It was worth the additional price (which was zero): I think we got two uses out of it before the walls started leaking. We also replaced it with a 15' RhinoFlex and added a carrier on the back of the frame. The original carrier had to be removed to make room for the battery locking bars we purchased.
Alan
2022 R-Pod 196 "RaptoRPod"
2022 Ram 1500 Lone Star 4x4
Three cats
tongatam View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2019 at 12:43pm
Thanks StephenH - I actually read through ALL of your MOD's and making a list based off of a few of yours including the stinky slinky pipe!

And what I've read, even those that did get one of these pipes included it's not worth even using it. I have the RhinoFlex on my Amazon Pod list (which is WAY too long but.. fun stuff!).

Her maiden voyage is next week... woohoo!
Pod People View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2019 at 12:51pm
We also use the rhino flex sewer hose system and are happy with it as to service and reliability.  We installed a 5x5 pvc fence post to serve as the carrier. It fits under the pod and is attached to the frame.  there are end caps available.  It is the perfect storage container-cheap and very adaptable to your location.
the second picture shows a clear box container attached to the side of the 5x5 fence post.  It holds the clear connector for the sewer pipe.
Vann

Vann & Laura 2015 RPod 179
tongatam View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2019 at 8:35am
very cool, thanks for the pics Vann. I'm realizing there really is no storage for this pipe. I like the under carriage option. easy! :-)
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>