R-pod Owners Forum Homepage

This site is free to use.
Donations benefit a non-profit Girls Softball organization

Forum Home Forum Home > R-pod Discussion Forums > I need HELP!!!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedWant to hire RPOD expert

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author

Online Status: Offline
Direct Link To This Post Topic: Want to hire RPOD expert
    Posted: 27 May 2019 at 7:59am
I have a new RPOD and feel overwhelmed. I live in Saratoga Springs NY and would like to hire someone (even from the vendor) to spend a couple hours with me to providing training on every detail. Anyone have any advise?
lostagain View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2019 at 8:27am
Trying to retain that much information in a 2 hour training session may not be your best option.  You'll find yourself overwhelmed and, though it'll make perfect sense at the time, later you will not retain it.  If you are going to have someone show you about the trailer, see if you can do it in sessions of about 20 or 30 minutes and pick a single topic each time.  I'll bet one of the technicians at the dealer would be happy to spend some time after work with you if you pay him his usual and customary wage.

Congratulations on your new Pod and welcome to the board, by the way.
Never leave footprints behind.
Fred & Maria Kearney
Sonoma 167RB
Our Pod 172
2019 Ford F-150 4x4 2.7 EcoBoost
Happy Tripping View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2019 at 10:05am
Relax.

Tell the dealer you're still anxious after their 'walk thru' and would like to do it again, but this time record it. I am sure they will be cooperative.

Still, relax. The best thing to do is it to take it out to a nearby campground and spend a day or two just sorting things out. There are a lot of complicated things about trailers that will suddenly be seen to actually be pretty simple. 

Park, level the trailer side to side if needed with blocks, detach from tow vehicle, level front to back, put down stabilizer jacks, attach to power/water and start enjoying. 

We're always here for questions.
EchoGale View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2019 at 10:43am
In case you bought yours private party like I did (Dealers are then less willing to be helpful) someone else did this and posted it on youtube.  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h9jv-GKGUf8

Julie
Jasp View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2019 at 5:36am
I too live in Saratoga springs . I am an rpod " expert". I am retired and would be willing to help you whenever you like ( no charge ).

Paul
Paul
2016 Rpod 180
2014 Toyota Tacoma
Richand Cindy View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2019 at 7:27am
Most items are generic and not unique to RPODS.  So if you have a problem at a campsite there will be plenty of experts all around you to help.  The first time out I did not know  how to unhitch the trailer and could not unhook.  Fortunately someone came by and showed me.  And last week I forgot to level side to side first and unhitched, pulled the truck away and then realized my mistake and had to hitch up again.  So you will forgot things.  It happens.  Also would highly recommend you get the instruction manuals for all of the appliances and put them into a binder.  Many are posted in the instructiona manual section but I would do a search on you model number to make sure you have the right one as FR changes brands and models often.  There is even a manual to tell you how to reset the slideout and how to operate it without electric power.  On several occassions we had to pull out the "binder" and it saved us.
OLD 2017.5 RPOD 180 + 2015 Jeep Cherokee Trailhawk
NEW: 2018 Passport Elite 23RB + 2017 Ram 1500 Diesel
lostagain View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2019 at 8:26am
One of the things that is very helpful, especially if you get distracted while setting up or hooking up the trailer, is to make a check list.  Then when you're in the middle of setting up the WDH and a bear saunters into the campground, you can resume where you left off without forgetting a step.  
Never leave footprints behind.
Fred & Maria Kearney
Sonoma 167RB
Our Pod 172
2019 Ford F-150 4x4 2.7 EcoBoost
crw8sr View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2019 at 10:26am
What a great community R-pod Owners Forum is!  All good advice and Paul willing to help for free.
Chuck & Lyn
Izzy, Morkie. RIP
Zoe Joy & Gracie, Yorkie
2018 R Pod 190   
2019 Traverse

In moments of adversity;when life's a total wreck, I think of those worse off than me and really feel like heck.
cariefields View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2019 at 1:33pm
Hi Paul,

This is great news! I would be happy to bring the camper to you at your convenience. I'm pretty flexible (except today is dismal out).

Beth
cariefields View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2019 at 1:44pm
I agree. Another forum member sent me a private message saying she was driving from Florida to Maine and would stop by my house!!  RPODers are the best!

Beth
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>