FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedRetiring

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author

Online Status: Offline
Direct Link To This Post Topic: Retiring
    Posted: 22 Jul 2019 at 5:17pm
Originally posted by marwayne

I have bin retired for a few years now, but almost every day I ask myself, how did I ever have time to go to work.

THIS

I SWEAR I took more vacations when working 60 to 90 hrs a week. Retired in 2007 at age 49 and I work for me now....not "The Man".
2016 R-Pod 176T
1nana2many View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Online Status: Offline
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jul 2019 at 11:03am
Congratulations on your upcoming retirement! I, too, am retired, though my husband has not yet taken the plunge. He is contemplating it harder every day. Though I do agree that I love being retired now, there is a bit of an adjustment period involved. You don’t realize how much you affiliate who you are with what you do for a living until you stop doing it. Give yourself that time to adjust and figure out your new reality. It will get better as you set a new daily routine. I’ve met a few people who really struggled with retirement and found another job to keep from going stir crazy. I personally contemplated doing that myself...now I’m glad I refrained from following that urge. Remember this: It’s ok to say no to people who think you should use all your new “free” time to help them out. You earned that time to choose what you want to do with it! I don’t mean to be the voice of gloom and doom, just want you to give yourself that transition time. Enjoy your retirement!
The mountains are calling and we must go...O.D., Keith & Jody
2016 RP179= O.D. (Olive Drab)
2008 Coachman Captiva
1993 Jayco 1206 popup
2016 F150 Supercrew
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12