R-pod Owners Forum Homepage

This site is free to use.
Donations benefit a non-profit Girls Softball organization

Forum Home Forum Home > R-pod Discussion Forums > I need HELP!!!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Topic Closedwater pump setting

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Online Status: Offline
Direct Link To This Post Topic: water pump setting
    Posted: 12 Jun 2019 at 10:30am
We are in the process of de-winterizing. When we pulled the anode out to inspect I expected our bleach solution water to run out of the hot water tank. Instead it was just wet. I have the hot and cold water lines in the on position and they ran everywhere else just fine. I wonder: there is a valve coming off the water pump that I also moved in a parallel to the line position. Could that be the problem with hot water tank not filling up? That valve has another line that is short line like an overflow. I moved it back where it was prior to de-winterizing in this photo: Suggestions? Is this the issue with hit water tank not filling up?

offgrid View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jun 2019 at 11:49am
The short line with the open end is for drawing in antifreeze while winterizing. Normally the valve should be set to pull off the water tank and not that line. The position of the valve in your photo will not allow the pump to draw water from the tank. Turn it the other way, fill your water tank, and see if that fixes your problem. 

1994 Chinook Concourse
1995 RV6A Experimental Aircraft
2015 Rpod 179 - sold
VTKeen View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jun 2019 at 1:21pm
Thank you offgrid. I reset that line as you suggested and still no luck. Then it occurred to me the other 2 lines into the hot water tank were on bypass. When I changed them back the water flowed into the tank. The lines are not set up in the direction one would think is correct but know I understand my water valve set up. Great forum.

Post Reply Post Reply