R-pod Owners Forum Homepage

This site is free to use.
Donations benefit a non-profit Girls Softball organization

Forum Home Forum Home > R-pod Discussion Forums > Introduce Yourself
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedRPod bug bit me, just got a 2010 176 yesterday! - Event Date: 13 Jun 2019

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Online Status: Offline
Direct Link To This Post Calendar Event: RPod bug bit me, just got a 2010 176 yesterday!
    Posted: 13 Jun 2019 at 9:01am
Hi everyone, I picked up my rPod yesterday, everything seems to work fine, except the fan in the shower, but it may just be the fuse.  A little history, I bought my first used pop up 2 years ago, 1992 viking for $400, my wife was not happy with it, turns out the canvas pretty much needed to be replaced, did not camp out in it, ended up selling it.  But I still wanted to get a pop up.  Around Oct. 2018, I found a great deal on FB Marketplace, a 2014 Livin' Lite Quicksilver 8.1.  
We took the Quicksilver on our first adventure last weekend to VA, and when we got to the campground around 6pm, it was raining hard, and the weather showed 100% rain all night.  It was terrible, new memory foam mattresses got soaked, my wife and 9 year old daughter got drenched as well, it was not a good start, but we rolled with the punches and made it through.
So out of curiosity, I looked on CL this past Monday, and there it was, 2010 rPod 176 only 5 miles away from home, emailed the seller with my phone number, he replied right away and said it had to be sold by Sunday, I went to see it at 3pm on Tuesday, made offer and picked it up yesterday.  I have tons of questions, but I'm glad I found this forum and I'm sure by looking around, I'll find the answers.
GlueGuy View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jun 2019 at 9:46am
Welcome to the forum and congrats on your 176! We look forward to hearing from you.
bp
2017 R-Pod 179 Hood River
2015 Ford F150 SuperCrew 4WD 3.5L Ecoboost
EchoGale View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jun 2019 at 9:46am
Welcome!  Sounds like you know a lot more than i did when I got my first pod and joined earlier this year. There's a wealth of information here; generously shared.
Julie
Kup-Pod View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jun 2019 at 8:16pm
Congratulations!!  Sounds similar to our adventure... two tent trailers, first one a few hundred dollars, then another for a few thousand and finally giving up after having that damp musty feeling every time it rains and the constant struggle to keep everything dry.  
I'm sure you'll enjoy your Rpod, we feel like we're living the dream when we take ours out! :-)
2017 RP-178
2021 F150 5.0l
"Lead me on a level path"
lostagain View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jun 2019 at 9:07pm
Congratulations on your new acquisition.  You'll find lots of helpful info in this forum.
Never leave footprints behind.
Fred & Maria Kearney
Sonoma 167RB
Our Pod 172
2019 Ford F-150 4x4 2.7 EcoBoost
crw8sr View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jun 2019 at 9:05pm
Welcome
Chuck & Lyn
Izzy, Morkie. RIP
Zoe Joy & Gracie, Yorkie
2018 R Pod 190   
2019 Traverse

In moments of adversity;when life's a total wreck, I think of those worse off than me and really feel like heck.
 Post Reply Post Reply