R-pod Owners Forum Homepage

This site is free to use.
Donations benefit a non-profit Girls Softball organization

Forum Home Forum Home > R-pod Discussion Forums > Warranty, Service and Recall Bulletins
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Topic Closed2017 Warranty info please

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author

Online Status: Offline
Direct Link To This Post Topic: 2017 Warranty info please
    Posted: 20 Aug 2019 at 7:12am
Anyone have a copy of the 2017 FR Towable Warranty? Having a time finding mine.. Online version is now updated to 2019. Would love to see the changes. And of course once again have a copy in my files..

Byways no Highways
2017 Tacoma
Truck Camper Build
2004 F150 My Overlander
Olddawgsrule View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Aug 2019 at 4:45pm
Well, this is a first.. No one here has a copy of the 2017 towable warranty..

Byways no Highways
2017 Tacoma
Truck Camper Build
2004 F150 My Overlander
offgrid View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Aug 2019 at 6:27am
Apparently not. I suggest you just ask FR for it, they will provide you with a copy. 
1994 Chinook Concourse
1995 RV6A Experimental Aircraft
2015 Rpod 179 - sold
furpod View Drop Down
Moderator Group - pHp
Moderator Group - pHp

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Aug 2019 at 7:17am
Well.. It doesn't mean no one has one.. but so far no one with one has felt like responding maybe..
I seriously doubt the warranty changes much, if at ll.. A year from FR for everything, then, most of your appliances have a 2 year, but in the second year it's between you and the component manufacturer to work it out.
Contacting FR is probably the best bet.. though I can't say for sure. I think the basic warranty is covered in the brochure each year, and somewhere on FR's Pod site, I am pretty sure they have copies of old brochures...

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Aug 2019 at 1:21pm
Originally posted by furpod

Well.. It doesn't mean no one has one.. but so far no one with one has felt like responding maybe..
I seriously doubt the warranty changes much, if at ll.. A year from FR for everything, then, most of your appliances have a 2 year, but in the second year it's between you and the component manufacturer to work it out.
Contacting FR is probably the best bet.. though I can't say for sure. I think the basic warranty is covered in the brochure each year, and somewhere on FR's Pod site, I am pretty sure they have copies of old brochures...

Well, I'm not asking FR or my Dealer for a copy and showing I don't have one.. In my situation, a hand better not shown.
I have heard from the owner of the FB Group and he believes the only change that occurred was the change to a 1 year warranty. Hopefully that's true.

I know I read it at purchasing and asked my typical questions, which in my state adds a 'Implied Warranty'. The Implied part would be the Dealership, not FR or Lippert. I really hope it doesn't go that far!

Byways no Highways
2017 Tacoma
Truck Camper Build
2004 F150 My Overlander
offgrid View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Aug 2019 at 3:58pm
Originally posted by Olddawgsrule

Well, I'm not asking FR or my Dealer for a copy and showing I don't have one.. In my situation, a hand better not shown.

I wouldn't worry about letting them know you don't have a copy of the warranty. Federal law requires them to provide you with access to your warranty. They offer the warranty freely as part of their normal business, you purchased the obligations defined in it when you bought the product. It was part of the basis for the deal. Its not like they can now decide not to honor it because you lost your copy or use that as an opportunity to modify it after the fact.  

That's not to say that they might not refuse to cover your loss on the grounds that it is excluded by the warranty language.  That is a completely different matter. 
1994 Chinook Concourse
2015 Rpod 179 - sold

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Aug 2019 at 4:38pm
Originally posted by offgrid

[QUOTE=Olddawgsrule] 
That's not to say that they might not refuse to cover your loss on the grounds that it is excluded by the warranty language.  That is a completely different matter. 

Again, not yet a hand I wish to show. Yet I understand what your saying. Reason I'm looking for another way.
To my favor is NH Warranty Law. Expectation of use according to, (key wording here) description of product. By Law, in NH, I'm covered within 4 years of purchase, with of course appreciation or deprecation applied.  I love NH for so many reasons!

I still hope I do not need to use any of the research or resources I have now accumulated. I consider myself a realist, working on optimistic results. I look at a half empty glass of water and don't debate it's fullness, just decide wether or not I'm thirsty. As a realist, I keep a gallon of water in the shop frig, in case I am. Never know if you need.

Byways no Highways
2017 Tacoma
Truck Camper Build
2004 F150 My Overlander
offgrid View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Aug 2019 at 4:49pm
+1. Hope for the best, plan for the worst, always a good motto. Living in the OBX, we can button up the house and bug out in the pod with an hour's notice if a hurricane changes direction. I want to be at the beginning of the evacuation line, not the end. 
1994 Chinook Concourse
2015 Rpod 179 - sold
furpod View Drop Down
Moderator Group - pHp
Moderator Group - pHp

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Aug 2019 at 7:29pm
When did you take delivery of your 182?

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Aug 2019 at 5:36am