R-pod Owners Forum Homepage

This site is free to use.
Donations benefit a non-profit Girls Softball organization

Forum Home Forum Home > R-pod Discussion Forums > Podmods, Maintenance, Tips and Tricks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedCity Water Intake Hose Leak

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Online Status: Offline
Direct Link To This Post Topic: City Water Intake Hose Leak
    Posted: 03 Sep 2019 at 5:24pm
I am seeking to make a small repair and haven’t found this on the forum. The 1/2” water hose which connects the exterior city water intake with the water heater and internal plumbing lines has developed a leak in the fitting which threads into the interior wall. I suspect the conical washer is shot, I’ve been unable to find replacements for any of these parts at a RV dealer, plumbing supply, autozone, hardware store or Wal-Mart. I still have an RV dealer to try, but does anyone recognize these parts or resolved this problem? Thanks. (I have a photo of the parts but don’t have a public server on which to post)
2015 RPOD 178, 2015 Chevy Colorado Z71 CC SB, Tekonsha Primus IQ, Lippert hitch, Cequent sway bar, countless nameless hitch pins who will give their lives while I learn how to back this thing up
StephenH View Drop Down
podders Helping podders - pHp

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Sep 2019 at 5:38pm
If all else fails, you could use a standard hose washer there. This is getting to be the wrong season for hoses and washers, but the washer there is just a screened hose washer. Especially if you are running your water through a filter, you could skip the screen. If you are not using a filter, the screen is a good idea.

OTOH, I just re-read your comment. Are you talking about the fitting on the exterior wall or the interior side of the inlet fitting? Either way, I think it is a standard hose washer. However, make sure it is the fitting leaking and not the attachment of the hose to the fitting. That requires a special tool to crimp the rings.

A picture would be helpful, especially if it showed the leak. Also, are you using a pressure limiter? If not, you should be. The limiter should keep the incoming pressure to 50 psi or lower.
StephenH
Happy is the man that findeth wisdom,...

ouR escaPOD mods
Former RPod 179
Current Cherokee Grey Wolf 24 JS
mrharrybay View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Sep 2019 at 3:39pm
Thanks for the reply. Interior side of the inlet fitting. Went to another RV place and got a replacement fitting, which fixed the leak. Tried to replicate the part first with a 1/2” brass female fitting and Teflon tape on the male plastic threads leading to the city water intake valve to no avail. Responders on Facebook felt it was a standard part but that hasn’t been my experience with this. They may be houses on wheels, but not everything that works in my house works on my pod.

P.S. had not been using a pressure regulator, just picked one up with the other parts. Horse was probably out of the barn in this case but I’ll hopefully avoid any pressure issues with the new fitting now.
2015 RPOD 178, 2015 Chevy Colorado Z71 CC SB, Tekonsha Primus IQ, Lippert hitch, Cequent sway bar, countless nameless hitch pins who will give their lives while I learn how to back this thing up
StephenH View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Sep 2019 at 1:15pm
Thanks for the update. It is good that you got a pressure regulator now. It will help avoid further issues. It is likely that you had a pressure surge. Forest River recommends limiting the pressure to under 50 PSI. Some water systems can have over 100 PSI. The lines and connections in our RPods are not made for that high a pressure.
StephenH
Happy is the man that findeth wisdom,...

ouR escaPOD mods
Former RPod 179
Current Cherokee Grey Wolf 24 JS
 Post Reply Post Reply