FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Topic Closed2011 Rpod 171 for Sale

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Online Status: Offline
Direct Link To This Post Topic: 2011 Rpod 171 for Sale
    Posted: 16 Sep 2019 at 7:04am
Hi Everyone

I have a 2011, Rpod 171 in spectacular condition(Suburbs of Philadelphia, PA). This is a fiberglass constructed RV, that can easily sleep 4 people. There is a rear queen bed in the back, the front dinette converts into another bed up front.

The AC, was recently serviced and checked, the AC runs on electric power, if u have a generator in the 2000w+ you can run the AC on that too. The heat is propane, and heats up the rpod within seconds.

There are three water tanks, I think all of them are 30 gallons, one each for plain, black and grey water tank. We very rarely (maybe 2 times) used the plain water tank to hold water, the campground always had the water line to connect to the unit. The pump in the system would pump the water if you are boon docking.

The fridge, can be run on either propane, battery or electric power. There is a hot water unit, that can run on either electric or propane. The unit also has two burner stove and convectional microwave. We have never cooked anything on the convectional microwave, just heated up stuff.

There is an antenna to get the local channels, and also satellite connection for the campground. The unit also has a TV, that folds down from the kitchen counter and has three settings of TV, DVD and AM/FM radio.

The bathroom is a wet shower, and I have taken shower in there once with hot water, and it was nice. Used the toilet for liquid business only, rather used the campground facilities instead. But religiously for every trip I took, I made sure I put in the RV toilet liquid so that there is no odd smell.

I bought two separate domes for the Rpod, one of them is almost like a bikini tent or sun screen, very easy to put up, but it doesn’t enclose anything. The other is a complete Rdome, it is almost the entire size of the Rpod itself and gives you enough room to put everything inside in case of rain.

I also installed Axle risers, since I had a dip in my driveway, and I made sure before I got the rpod, I had them installed. One of the jacks in the rear was also swapped with a new one, since it came bent from the factory.
The unit has trailer brakes, the black tank was recently flushed. The propane tank is full and a brand new deep cycle battery was installed from Napa.

We used the unit for local weekend camping, the unit weighs 2400 pounds and the hitch weight is 200 pounds, the unit is very light and full fiberglass construction and the tear drop shape makes it very easy to tow. We towed it using Tundra which was overkill, any vehicle with a towing capacity of 3500 can tow the Rpod.

Reason for Sale: Growing family, when we bought it, our older son was 3 months old, and now we have two boys 7 and 5-year-old. We still fit in the Rpod, but we would like to invite my nieces with us and that’s where we can fit anyone more than 4 people inside.

The unit has always been under cover, and we recently got a new cover from Classic which is 2 months old. As you can see from the pictures, the outside is still shiny, I made sure I washed the rpod first thing in summer and right before I winterized. The paint is like new and the fiberglass is in great shape. I have all the original manuals that came with the rpod.

Here are the things that were added on to the rpod
Cost of it from factory was $16,000, but it was shipped right from the factory to us delivered for $13,000.
Alxe Risers buy and install - $100
New Jack installed - $100
R-Dome - $450
R-Dome Sun screen - $300
Deep Cycle Battery - $100
Rpod Cover from Classic - $200

If you do the math you can see that at $8000 asking price is really good. You can contact me either through email or phone 610-425 zero nine 7 zero.

Thanks
Rudy

PS: Tried to attach pictures, but didnt go thru. Email me for pictures rudramdas@gmail.com
2011 Rpod 171
Tundra
Rudy Reshmi n big Omkar n lil Arjun
rudyunknown View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Sep 2019 at 12:42pm
Hi All
I am reducing the price from $8000 to $7250
Thanks
Rudy
2011 Rpod 171
Tundra
Rudy Reshmi n big Omkar n lil Arjun
jlferris View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Nov 2019 at 12:06pm
Would you sell the R dome separately? We have a 2015 171. Do you think your R dome would fit?

Jim
furpod View Drop Down
Moderator Group - pHp
Moderator Group - pHp

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Nov 2019 at 7:57am
Originally posted by jlferris

Would you sell the R dome separately? We have a 2015 171. Do you think your R dome would fit?

Jim

His dome may be a small keder, your Pod needs the large keder. Email him for pictures. (2011 is a transition year) If his pod is white, with multi color or "Olympic" rings. His dome will not fit your pod, If it doesn't have the rings, then it will fit.
jlferris View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Nov 2019 at 8:45am
If you still have your 2011 Pod would you send me a picture?

Thanks

Jim
jlferris View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Nov 2019 at 8:50am
Thank you. That’s very helpful
lostagain View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Nov 2019 at 8:59am
It would not be that costly to sew a second, alternate sized, keder tape onto an r-dome.  They can be purchased from a sail or canvas supply company.  Places that sew awnings, marine covers, or other heavy canvas or sail repair shops can sew it in for you.  Don't bother taking out the old one.  The tape is wide enough to give you enough room to use either keder tape once sewn in and unstitching the old one can be very time consuming, thus costly.
Never leave footprints behind.
Fred & Maria Kearney
Sonoma 167RB
Our Pod 172
2019 Ford F-150 4x4 2.7 EcoBoost
GlueGuy View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Nov 2019 at 9:52am
Parallel keders! I like it!
bp
2017 R-Pod 179 Hood River
2015 Ford F150 SuperCrew 4WD 3.5L Ecoboost
furpod View Drop Down
Moderator Group - pHp
Moderator Group - pHp

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Nov 2019 at 12:08pm
Originally posted by jlferris

If you still have your 2011 Pod would you send me a picture?

Thanks

Jim

My avatar pic shows a ring pod. But here you go..

The first is a 2011 rings pod, the second is 2013-14 graphics, and the 3rd is the 2011 2nd build graphics.

Only a dome coming from a pod built after the rings pods, will fit your Pod as built.

Post Reply Post Reply