Forum Home Forum Home > R-pod Discussion Forums > Camping Adventures
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedWater over road - Nebraska

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Online Status: Offline
Direct Link To This Post Topic: Water over road - Nebraska
    Posted: 06 Oct 2019 at 5:31pm
We just recently returned from a 5500 mile 30 day road excursion to Colorado and Utah.  On September 27 as we were traveling on highway 83 between Brownlee and Valentine (probably around 16-20 miles south of Valentine we encountered water over the road.  Interesting that the signage didn't make a big deal of it except that it was only 1 lane traffic at this point AND there were electric traffic signals at each end of where the water was over the road, a stretch of about 600 yards, a very long par 5 for those of you who are golfers.  Speed limit was set at 15 mph.  As I watched semi after semi coming toward me (I was first in line to go the opposite direction) it was noted that the water was just about at the bottom of the semi bumper or 10 - 12 " of water.  This got me a bit nervous and as I began my walk through the valley of water I was so glad I installed the 3.5" riser kit on the 177 last fall.  My speed was about 7 -8 mph which was way too slow for the semi drivers behind me but hey, I wanted to make sure of making to the other side without incident.  Posted this on the FB side and come to find out others who had traveled this section of road also noted the same situation with the water 2 and 3 weeks prior to when I was there - so apparantly this is something that is going to be around for a while.
God's pod
'11 model 177
'17 Ford F-150 4WD 3.5 Ecoboost
Jim and Diane by beautiful Torch Lake
"...and you will know the Truth and the Truth will set you free."
 Post Reply Post Reply