R-pod Owners Forum Homepage

This site is free to use.
Donations benefit a non-profit Girls Softball organization

Forum Home Forum Home > R-pod Discussion Forums > Podmods, Maintenance, Tips and Tricks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedSeasonal cover for R-Pod 179

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Online Status: Offline
Direct Link To This Post Topic: Seasonal cover for R-Pod 179
    Posted: 03 Nov 2019 at 2:12pm
We are new R-Pod owners of a 179 Model Year 2019.  We are  looking at purchasing a Classic Accessories
Cover, PermaPro Model 4.  Has anyone purchased this cover or one that that fits with the Thule awning attached?  Would there be enough cover with the Thule awning, air conditioner and antenna?  Thanks Pete

BH&MH View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Nov 2019 at 11:21am
We purchased that model and used it for the last two winters on our 180. It fits well over the rooftop accessories. When I took it off last spring, I didn't think I was pulling with too much pressure, but the fabric ripped in two places. We'll have to see how the Gorilla tape patches hold up this winter. We live in western Oregon and get our share of rain and snow, but I'm not sure if the cover is necessary. It doesn't breathe as well as I had hoped and when I removed it last spring, there were several places on the roof where algae was beginning to grow. It seemed like a good product the first winter and I don't know if there is anything on the market that would work better at a reasonable cost.
Subzilla View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Nov 2019 at 11:07am
Ditto to above post.  We have the same cover.  First one last a year in NC....mold formed underneath causing material deterioration.  Classic Industries replaced it under warranty.  This one has done the same thing in the last year and needs replacing again....will rip very easily.  I haven't contacted Classic yet to see if they will replace it.  We keep it on year round.  I love the way it fits plus the door access is a big plus.  It has kept our 2017 very protected, shiny and clean despite the mold.  I am in the process of putting up a semi-permanent shelter at the house to park it under to keep the rain off the cover and trailer.  May get the cheaper cover next time if this is not replaced under warranty.
Mark
Concord, NC
2017 RP 179 "Podzilla"
2011 Silverado 1500 4X4
 Post Reply Post Reply