R-pod Owners Forum Homepage

This site is free to use.
Donations benefit a non-profit Girls Softball organization

Forum Home Forum Home > R-pod Discussion Forums > Reviews and General Information
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Topic Closed171 vs 177

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345>
Author

Online Status: Offline
Direct Link To This Post Topic: 171 vs 177
    Posted: 23 Jul 2011 at 8:12pm
We are towing with a 2011 Toyota Tacoma 4 Door, short bed. 6 cyl, standard trans. Pulls the T@B like it's not even there so I am hoping the experience with an R-Pod will be similar.

MJ
Livin' the Dream    ...'Slogger
Hodge-PODge View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jul 2011 at 9:34pm
Originally posted by Damour

*** question : the words dealer .. and saler  .. does it mean the same thing ?
If I talk about the place that I bought my trailer  .

Damour, you are right, and you are doing a great job figuring out the correct English to use.

Dealer and saler are the same thing.  Except you would say "seller" instead of saler.  A seller is anyone who "sells" something - think of Ebay Smile.  But the reason "dealer" is a better word in this case because this "seller" actually owns a business.

Using the word "saler" was a very good guess because anytime you "sell" (verb) something, then you just made a "sale" (noun).  A "sale" is the event in which a seller sells something to a buyer.

Let's just say your English is much better than my French!

Au Revoir!

Diane
2011 RP 177, the Hodge-PODge
2011 Mercedes ML350
"A man travels the world over in search of what he needs, and returns home to find it."

techntrek View Drop Down
Admin Group - pHp
Admin Group - pHp

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jul 2011 at 11:29pm
Note:  the fridges in the 'pods and in most campers do NOT have compressors like a home fridge.  They run using a much older technology which uses ammonia and heat, which runs completely silent.  However, the 'pod also has two 12 volt exhaust fans in the back which are thermostatically controlled, which do make some noise when they come on.  In colder weather they don't come on, in warmer weather they will.
Doug ~ '10 171 (2009-2015) ~ 2008 Salem ~ Pod instruction manual
Damour View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jul 2011 at 11:17am
Thank you Diane for the explanations  Smile 
It's very appreciate
rp 171 , from Québec with not a good english writing lol
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jul 2011 at 11:45am

It's very appreciate

I thank you also, Diane.  My first language is "hillbilly", so I'm learning also! Smile
kymooses View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jul 2011 at 9:02pm
Originally posted by David

It's very appreciate

I thank you also, Diane.  My first language is "hillbilly", so I'm learning also! Smile

LOL  LOL, I actually had something relevant to post then read that and laughed and then lost my train of thought. 

I consider myself very fluent in "drunken farmer redneck" myself!
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jul 2011 at 11:30am
Originally posted by kymooses

It's very appreciate

LOL  LOL, I actually had something relevant to post then read that and laughed and then lost my train of thought. 

I consider myself very fluent in "drunken farmer redneck" myself!

Damour...your "english" is probably better than mine!  If you really want to get confused, here is how a "hillbilly" would explain:

The "saler" is the feller who done sode ye yer trailer.  The "Dealer" is the feller who that otha feller works fer.  What ye call em depends on how ye feel about whut kinda deal they gave ye. LOL
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jul 2011 at 11:43am
KYMooses......Have you heard of a town called Gatliff, KY?  It is a "fly speck" on the map - just North and East of Jellico, TN.  That's where my folks are from.  My sister was born in Jellico.  Had I come a little sooner, I would have been also.  As it is, I'm a Hoosier, but raised "hillbilly". 
kymooses View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jul 2011 at 2:37pm

KYMooses......Have you heard of a town called Gatliff, KY?  It is a "fly speck" on the map - just North and East of Jellico, TN.  That's where my folks are from.  My sister was born in Jellico.  Had I come a little sooner, I would have been also.  As it is, I'm a Hoosier, but raised "hillbilly". 

Not Gatliff particularly, no.  But some of the other surround towns I'm familiar with.  How far up into Hoosierland are you anyways?
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jul 2011 at 4:18pm
I live exactly half way between Brownsburg and Pittsboro.  It is West and slightly North of Indianapolis.  I have a Brownsburg mailing address, as they deliver my mail.  However, I do not live in either town - I am in the (unincorporated area) county.  The "membership map" is not terribly accurate, in my case. 

I have not run into anyone yet who has heard of Gatliff.  It is about 10 miles from Jellico (I-75).  There is not much there now....probably a lot less 20 years ago, when I was born. Tongue
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345>