R-pod Owners Forum Homepage

This site is free to use.
Donations benefit a non-profit Girls Softball organization

Forum Home Forum Home > R-pod Discussion Forums > Podmods, Maintenance, Tips and Tricks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedHeater placement - Event Date: 13 Dec 2019

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
Buffalohunter View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Online Status: Offline
Direct Link To This Post Calendar Event: Heater placement
    Posted: 13 Dec 2019 at 10:09am
So does anybody else own a 2020 189 R-Pod and wonder about the placement of the heater?  Went dry camping in the hills this past week...for the first time.  I could not figure out what the “brilliant “ engineer had in mind when they installed the heater.  It works fine but the fan blows the heat into the small compartment under the bed...fan blows to the right...rather than out into the living space. Is this the standard placement for all Pods?  Anybody else wonder why the heater was not placed to blow heat into the living space.  So as the heated air blows into this small compartment...nice and warm place to dry shoes...some of this warm air will drift out but by the time it makes it to the other end of the Pod...what warm air?  We had to put the thermostat at 73 to over heat that compartment and thus get some warm air out to my wife’s toes sitting at the table.  I am now looking at either turning and cutting out a place for the heater...or constructing a diverter to direct the warm air out of the compartment.  Am I missing something here, is this standard issue, is it a safety concern...whaddup?  Any ideas would be much appreciated.  Embarrassed
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123