R-pod Owners Forum Homepage

This site is free to use.
Donations benefit a non-profit Girls Softball organization

Forum Home Forum Home > R-pod Discussion Forums > Miscellaneous / Off-topic
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedMy new Lithium Lipo arrived!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Online Status: Offline
Direct Link To This Post Topic: My new Lithium Lipo arrived!
    Posted: 19 Dec 2019 at 4:36pm
I purchased this during the China Black Friday sales for $262 delivered. Okay it takes over a month to get, but... I can deal with that.

I went 60ah because that's all I need according to my power audit and 18K on the road to prove. 
Testing now begins!

Shipped at 11.3vs and using the supplied charger to bring up to voltage. From there I will put my IMAX B6 on it and give it a run. I figure to do a run at 3amps (C60?). Since my max daily draw is 20 amps (20/24= .83) it seems a fair test for my needs. 

So I ask, for those like minded. What would you prefer I test at for amperage? Please do not ask for a C1 test... You can do that on yours... Though stated as capable, I will wait a bit before doing so. 

Byways no Highways
2017 Tacoma
Truck Camper Build
2004 F150 My Overlander
offgrid View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Dec 2019 at 7:59am
What are you trying to get out of your capacity test? If it underperforms are you able to return it? Probably not, right? So the reason to test it is to be sure it meets your boon docking requirements? If so then I’d suggest testing simulating that condition. If you use 20AH per day maybe take out 40AH at around 1A and then put your peak actual trailer load on it and take another 10AH out. That would keep you above 80% depth of discharge which would be good for your battery’s health but still give you a good idea of its true capacity for your needs.
1994 Chinook Concourse
1995 RV6A Experimental Aircraft
2015 Rpod 179 - sold
Olddawgsrule View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Dec 2019 at 9:02am
Originally posted by offgrid

What are you trying to get out of your capacity test? If it underperforms are you able to return it? Probably not, right? So the reason to test it is to be sure it meets your boon docking requirements? If so then I’d suggest testing simulating that condition. If you use 20AH per day maybe take out 40AH at around 1A and then put your peak actual trailer load on it and take another 10AH out. That would keep you above 80% depth of discharge which would be good for your battery’s health but still give you a good idea of its true capacity for your needs.

With any of my rechargables, I run a capacity test on either my OPIUS or the IMAX. I just want to know. I also would not recommend another to purchase till I have done so and know. Just me.

I like your two stage draw thought. I believe for first run I'll go at what I see as max for me. Evening, lights on, charging the cell phone and washing dishes (water pump/water heater). 

I'll update again once cycled a couple times. This may take a couple days.

Oh ya, I have a 1 year warranty on operation or defect. 
Byways no Highways
2017 Tacoma
Truck Camper Build
2004 F150 My Overlander
 Post Reply Post Reply