R-pod Owners Forum Homepage

This site is free to use.
Donations benefit a non-profit Girls Softball organization

Forum Home Forum Home > General Camping > Camp Grounds > Free or Cheap Camping Sites
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedRodman State Park

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Online Status: Offline
Direct Link To This Post Topic: Rodman State Park
    Posted: 15 Jan 2020 at 10:41am
Over New Years we snagged a last minute spot at Rodman State Park near Palatka Florida. I thought it worth noting here as, one of the smaller parks in the middle of nowhere, they seem to have availability when other Florida State Parks have been booked for months. 

This is a nice little quiet park; its very friendly. The sites are clean and big, the bathrooms are spotless and while there were a few kids there weren't a lot and there's no playground for them or anything) good or bad, I guess. Depending). There is a river there but its not accessible for kayaking or anything, just a peaceful view.  there is a dam a few miles away and there were some fishers and kayakers up there. If you want an active outdoor trip this isn't the place. But if like me you want a peaceful camping spot to chill its perfect (I am a professor and this was a few days before heading back to school).

The small town of Palatka is about ten miles away and there's really not much near the park) other than a very interesting (to me old "boys ranch" founded by Billy Sunday's sidekick).

You can find them on reservAmerica.

Julie
Julie
 Post Reply Post Reply