R-pod Owners Forum Homepage

This site is free to use.
Donations benefit a non-profit Girls Softball organization

Forum Home Forum Home > R-pod Discussion Forums > Podmods, Maintenance, Tips and Tricks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedWhat "stuff" do you have in your R-Pod?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2345>
Author

Online Status: Offline
Direct Link To This Post Topic: What "stuff" do you have in your R-Pod?
    Posted: 07 Jun 2011 at 7:46pm
Bette, I really only had one wall in my pod that was a problem.  The first 3M hooks I hung by the stove stuck just fine.  But I hung up an adhesive backed key rack by the front door (not 3M), and even though nothing was hanging on the rack, a few days later I found it in the floor.  Before I put up another one I cleaned the wall with alcohol and I've had no problem since.  All the alcohol does is remove any kind of film that may prevent the adhesive from sticking (a trick I learned on the painted cinderblock walls in my classroom).
Diane

P.S.  Gosh, all these hints make me feel just like Heloise!  Ying Yang (I bet the young 'uns in the forum don't even know who she is.)
2011 RP 177, the Hodge-PODge
2011 Mercedes ML350
"A man travels the world over in search of what he needs, and returns home to find it."

Snowbound View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jun 2011 at 10:59pm
Unfortunately I know who Heloise is!LOL
Tom and Bette
in our 177 "The Gastropod"
mountain mist View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jun 2011 at 9:15am
So, to hang a little wooden sign I would need a 3M Command velcroc strip, maybe the one with the metal hook (those I have used already and have had not problem, but what hung has no weight to speak of)
And first rub the area with rubbing alcohol, stick on and let "cure" for a while before putting any weight on it.
I will be out while in Dripping Springs, Tx and will take time to find some so I can work on them as soon as I get backLOL

'11 Forest River r.pod 171
'10 Ford Edge
ESCAPE POD
Trudi and Austin mini-schnauzers
change here, Trudi has gone, Austin now has a small black schnauzer buddy, Bentley
Snowbound View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jun 2011 at 11:54am
Hi Mountain Mist,
The velcro strips I used had no metal hooks. I have not seen any of those yet.
 The velcro bits click together when they are firmly locked. In my opinion it is not really a click but there is a sound you will recognize as being the two parts firmly gripped together. The instructions recommend a one hour 'cure' time. I don't see any reason that these would not work perfectly for your needs.
The Command strips all have a maximum weight listed on the upper corner. If you exceed that limit you may need more velcro hangers.
B
Tom and Bette

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jun 2011 at 12:20pm
Let me see if I can get a picture up of what I have used, fine for these things, but not for heavier.uploads/547/Trailer_004.JPG

These are the metal hook, Command strips.
'10 Ford Edge
ESCAPE POD
change here, Trudi has gone, Austin now has a small black schnauzer buddy, Bentley

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jun 2011 at 12:26pm
The front door "gallery" and "window mural".
There is a Vintage Camper Rally Sept 8-10, 2011 in Townsend, Tn At Misty Rivers Campground.
'10 Ford Edge
ESCAPE POD
Snowbound View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jun 2011 at 12:27pm
Okay. I have seen those but they don't have velcro. That hook is the one I used for my little broom stored beside the front door. That broom is 3/4 size and very lightweight (bought at the dollar store and has a mop head that can be exchanged for the broom head) and the first couple of trips I did not have a place to keep it and spent every minute in the pod moving it from somewhere to somewhere else! Back to your problem, I think the velcro Command strips will have better hanging power for your signs.
B
Tom and Bette
Caverkim View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jun 2011 at 2:42pm
Originally posted by mountain mist

The front door "gallery" and "window mural".
There is a Vintage Camper Rally Sept 8-10, 2011 in Townsend, Tn At Misty Rivers Campground.

Love the window mural!! 
caver*pod 175/Louisville KY
Hodge-PODge View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jun 2011 at 4:58pm
1)  I just LOVE that window mural!  Did you do that, Mountain Mist? 

2)  About the stickyback velcro -- you CAN use it for hanging, but I mainly use it to keep things from bouncing and swinging on the walls -- things you might need to take back down, like my clock - so I can change the battery, and like my little Coleman camping mirror in my bathroom - might need to take it back down to clean.  I've hung those things up with a hook, but  then used velcro around the bottom edge.

3.  About the vintage camper rally -- I wish I could come.  But actually, I AM camping in Townsend the previous weekend - Labor Day - at Tremont Hills with my daughter and her family.  (Can't BELIEVE what they charged us for a campsite, but we were desperate, not much else was available up there on Labor Day in them thar hills!)
2011 RP 177, the Hodge-PODge
2011 Mercedes ML350
"A man travels the world over in search of what he needs, and returns home to find it."

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jun 2011 at 7:35pm
The window mural was ordered,had to do some cutting down. I just got online and put in window murals.
We have camped at Tremont,  I think some of the prices here near the 'Burg are really high. Misty River is high, but Excellent bath/shower rooms. But not much shade at all.Geek

I don't think I will be taking the Pod to the vintage rally, but may just drive over to see the sights, take pictures, if they allow.  I found out today I may have a trip to Chatanooga when I get back from Texas, to look at a travel trailer my best bud might consider buying. Sure don't care to be on the road over the 4th of July, so looks like my camping trip will be even later, depending when she can close her shop.

And I think the first trip out will be to Elkmont because the hubby wants to test the braking system in the Edge to be sure it is working right. I DO feel hemmed in all aroundOuch but I may try Vogel when I do get away.

I go from the frying pan to the fire, leaving for Texas tomorrow afternoon flight. But we do for our children gladly.

'10 Ford Edge
ESCAPE POD
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2345>