Topic ClosedUrgent Petition To Keep RV Campgrounds Open

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 16>
Author
podders Helping podders - pHp

Online Status: Offline
Direct Link To This Post Topic: Urgent Petition To Keep RV Campgrounds Open
    Posted: 18 Mar 2020 at 3:50pm
   I think this would be very difficult for truckers and travelers but has anybody heard if rest areas on the interstate hwy's might be closed?
2018 Vista Cruiser 19BFD (2018-              
2012 Vibe 6503 (2014-2019)
2009 r-pod 171 (2009-2014)
Middle Tn
2014 Ram 1500 Quad cab

JandMA View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Mar 2020 at 4:08pm
As of now National Park sites seem to be open
John and Mary Ann
2015 R pod 171 Hood River
2019 Kia Sorento AWD v6
lostagain View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Mar 2020 at 4:38pm
We have a new trailer and a new truck to tow it and were planning on lots of camping this spring and summer.  We just cancelled one trip.  The reservations we had planned to make for April are now down the tubes.  May and June are looking iffy.  

Remember, especially with vault toilets, the virus can be in the air because it is in fecal matter.  Contact with others, whether it's you who is infected or someone else, poses a very high risk of transmission.  The medical folks are saying that this virus has the ability to spread exponentially and that once it get a foothold it can take off like something we have never seen in any of our lives.  I for one, believe that the common good is far more important than my convenience or desire to go camping.  For those who live in RV parks, most have full hookups and accommodations can be made for them to stay put.  Those who must travel for a living, such as truckers are at great risk and we don't need to make it worse by vacationing out on the road right now.  For those of us who can return home, or stay put where we are, we should do it for the sake of our neighbors, our country.
Never leave footprints behind.
Fred & Maria Kearney
Sonoma 167RB
Our Pod 172
2019 Ford F-150 4x4 2.7 EcoBoost
David and Danette View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Mar 2020 at 4:53pm
   Fred I agree with what you said you explained it very well these are times that the outcome is unknown we need to listen to those who know best and take care and hope for the best and something we should all do that can't be mentioned.Heart
2018 Vista Cruiser 19BFD (2018-              
2012 Vibe 6503 (2014-2019)
2009 r-pod 171 (2009-2014)
Middle Tn
2014 Ram 1500 Quad cab

codycountry View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Mar 2020 at 5:03pm
I just read on-line that Nebraska is closing the rest areas along I-80 that do not have an attendant on duty.  This is because people are stealing all the toilet paper and paper towels.  I'm not making this up.  It's not funny anymore.  Stay home folks, until this is over.  Do not travel.  Be smart.  Good luck.
mcarter View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Mar 2020 at 5:25pm
TN is currently in closure discussion. My plan is to stay home.
Mike Carter
2015 178
" I had the right to remain silent, I just didn't have the ability."
EchoGale View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Mar 2020 at 5:37pm
This is a helpful source if you have plans and want to know what is closed:  https://www.campendium.com/camping/covid-19-state-by-state-campground-closures-responses/
Julie
lostagain View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Mar 2020 at 8:57pm
One point I forgot to mention:  I had mentioned that Convid-19 can be found in feces.  Pump out stations are not good places to be right now and really should be closed.
Never leave footprints behind.
Fred & Maria Kearney
Sonoma 167RB
Our Pod 172
2019 Ford F-150 4x4 2.7 EcoBoost
StephenH View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Mar 2020 at 9:17pm
Private RV parks are not subject to this. Each one will make a decision as to whether to stay open or to close. We just got back from a week in Florida where we stayed in an RV park that has permanent, seasonal, and short term residents. We are of the third type. I am thankful that the owner did not tell us to leave. We did leave a day early, but that is because the assisted living facility where my parents stay restricted access. After we left, they went into a more stringent lockdown so that my parents can't even go to the dining room to eat, but must pretty much stay in their apartment.

I did not feel that I was taking undue risks with our trip. I would go again. Depending on the circumstances, we still plan on the upcoming trip toward Alaska. However, if the border to Canada is shut down, that would bring that plan to a halt. I hope this resolves quickly. This is turning the economy upside down and my retirement accounts are going to have to ride this out.
StephenH
Happy is the man that findeth wisdom,...

ouR escaPOD mods
Former RPod 179
Current Cherokee Grey Wolf 24 JS
Tars Tarkas View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Mar 2020 at 9:49pm
I won't be at all surprised if private campgrounds are closed soon, just like bars, restaurants, movie theaters, etc., etc.  Covid-19 is a massive public health issue that will, one way or another, roll right over just about every aspect of life as we know it.  I'd prefer to do everything possible to contain this upfront, if that's even possible.

My retirement accounts are already seriously trashed and they are going to get worse before they get better.  LIke everything else.

I gotta go with the idea of not going to campgrounds for the time being.  Maybe something can be figured out about full-time RVers, but I think it will probably involve sheltering in place, not the freedom of the open road.

TT
2010 176
FJ Cruiser
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 16>