Forum Home Forum Home > R-pod Discussion Forums > Miscellaneous / Off-topic
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedUrgent Petition To Keep RV Campgrounds Open

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 16>
Author

Online Status: Offline
Direct Link To This Post Topic: Urgent Petition To Keep RV Campgrounds Open
    Posted: 20 Mar 2020 at 10:05am
Lostagain is right. We don't have enough information to be making an informed decision. Numbers are all over the map, and that's driven by a dearth of testing information in places like the US (there are others). If you look at what information we do have there are some very contradictory anomalies in the data. For example, there are very few COVID-19 cases in India (population about the same as China), and very few in Russia. OTOH, if you look at the data from Italy, their fatality/infection rate is close to 8%. We clearly don't understand what is going on yet, and drawing conclusions at this point is little more than speculation.

Then you have college students running around on spring break as if they are invulnerable. Maybe they should be paying attention to this information: https://abcnews.go.com/US/40-hospitalized-coronavirus-younger-54-cdc/story?id=69681304
bp
2017 R-Pod 179 Hood River
2015 Ford F150 SuperCrew 4WD 3.5L Ecoboost
offgrid View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 2020 at 10:14am
Originally posted by Olddawgsrule

Wow... 
Justify/believe as you all wish. I'll go with the information I trust (backed by math). The test numbers are rising, which is good and the mortality rate is not, still holding around 1.5%.

By all means let’s be grounded by actual data.

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/country/italy/

Look at the current data from Italy and tell me how that supports a 1.5% fatality rate.

I would lean toward S Korea as having perhaps the best data set overall at the moment. They are transparent, and have aggressively tested from the beginning. The infection rate there appears to have now peaked. Currently they are at a 4% fatality rate, and it looks like it’s getting better as cases resolve. BTW, they didn’t lockdown their whole economy either, but they do wear masks and practice social distancing.

But every country has been different in timeliness of its reaction and effecteness if it’s response. We just don’t know what we don’t know.

Lucky us, we got the Spring breakers. Personally I’d quarantine all those entitled brats on military bases for the next two weeks. No booze or pot, cell phones, video games, or fraternization of the sexes. But that’s me. Heh heh.
1994 Chinook Concourse
1995 RV6A Experimental Aircraft
2015 Rpod 179 - sold
lostagain View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 2020 at 10:55am
As for the spring breakers, I'd add that they be required to perform some kind of monotonous hard labor 12 hours a day.  Making new beach sand from boulders might be helpful.
Never leave footprints behind.
Fred & Maria Kearney
Sonoma 167RB
Our Pod 172
2019 Ford F-150 4x4 2.7 EcoBoost
Pod_Geek View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 2020 at 3:34pm
Most KOAs open; cancellation policy modified

From an email that I received:

CHANGES OR CANCELLATIONS
Because of the ever-changing impact of COVID-19 on how we operate, congregate and travel, we have adapted our cancellation guidelines to offer more flexibility to our campers.

If your plans change over these upcoming weeks, we will gladly work with you to rebook your stay for a later time. If you do choose to cancel, you may do so up to 24 hours ahead of the scheduled check-in date, and receive a full refund without a cancellation fee or the loss of your deposit. This applies to stays between March 1, 2020 and April 30, 2020. Campers who cancel within the 24 hour time window of arrival will forfeit their deposit.
2020.5 R-Pod 195 Hood River
2018 RAM 2500 6.4L
Olddawgsrule View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 2020 at 3:41pm
Started then stopped.. No more from me on this matter, but to say:

I do get it! I know the precautions! I'm not scared, frighten and hiding in home. I'm out helping those that are. No, I'm not infected and I can know.

Stay safe all! 
Byways no Highways
2017 Tacoma
Truck Camper Build
2004 F150 My Overlander
Woodmiester View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 2020 at 4:15pm
Good discussion!  Everyone be prudent and remember us “old timers” are supposed to be the smart ones😂
Swampfox
StephenH View Drop Down
podders Helping podders - pHp

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 2020 at 4:58pm
We didn't get to be this old by being stupid. Big smile
StephenH
Happy is the man that findeth wisdom,...

ouR escaPOD mods
Former RPod 179
Current Cherokee Grey Wolf 24 JS
mcarter View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 2020 at 5:26pm
Ain't that the truth.
Mike Carter
2015 178
" I had the right to remain silent, I just didn't have the ability."
lostagain View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 2020 at 5:49pm
I suspect few on this board are frightened or panicked.  Rather, everyone is trying to do his/her part in acting responsibly to avoid spreading the virus by following the recommendations of scientists who know way, way more than most of us know about virology and epidemiology.  

No one is hiding in his home afraid to go out and any implication to the contrary is unfair and uncalled for.  I hope none was intended.  

The bottom line is anyone can be infected and contagious and not know it; at least so say the scientists.  Thus, in helping others, one must use utmost caution and follow medical guidelines, including face masks to capture coughing and aerosol distribution of the virus if direct contact is occurring.  Also, the virus can remain viable on surfaces for considerable time, depending on the environmental conditions, so that must also be considered even with indirect contact with others.  

I hope everyone stays safe.
Never leave footprints behind.
Fred & Maria Kearney
Sonoma 167RB
Our Pod 172
2019 Ford F-150 4x4 2.7 EcoBoost
GlueGuy View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Mar 2020 at 9:55am
I usually check this site once a day. It's driven by data from Johns Hopkins University. You can look at global data or check individual countries. Worldwide fatality/infection ratio is at 4.1% this morning. Infections per day exceeded 29,500 on March 20.

bp
2017 R-Pod 179 Hood River
2015 Ford F150 SuperCrew 4WD 3.5L Ecoboost
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 16>