Forum Home Forum Home > R-pod Discussion Forums > Introduce Yourself
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedNew Rpod 192 Owners

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author

Online Status: Offline
Direct Link To This Post Topic: New Rpod 192 Owners
    Posted: 29 Mar 2020 at 6:06pm
My caamera is from a company in Ft Collins, and mounts to the license plate, and is battery powered and works thru the cell phone.  Works well but hand signals in the side mirror are much less complicated with out a time delay while new data uploads.  But I am a 76 yr old analog guy.
MTNewbie20 View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Mar 2020 at 7:59am
Will research for this type of camera too. Thanks for the info!
Chuck and Shari
2020 Rpod 192
2007 Toyota Sequoia
New92 View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Apr 2020 at 4:28pm
We too are new to travel trailer camping.   The 192 fit the bill perfectly.  Bought ours in February.  We are now experienced driveway campers, not only because, up until yesterday the weather in Northern Alberta was still -12c (10f) but we, like the rest of the world are waiting for the GO CODE !

We included in our unit 300w solar, King Falcon Wi-Fi Extender, backup camera, dual 6v batteries, dual 20lb lp tanks, and I installed the Southwire Surge Guard Protection (will post install pics when I figure out how and where🤪)

I’m excited to pull the unit off the driveway Big smile  and share in this forum!
Dave

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Apr 2020 at 5:48pm
Hi Dave! Welcome and you have all the nice upgrades. Are you planning more boon docking?

Weather here in MT finally, improving, hope to see the last of snow so we can try the camper out, other than in the driveway, wondering if we will need dual lp and batteries. Only upgrade completed so far, new bath faucet. Found the original one pinched your fingers trying to turn on/off.

Have fun! Shari
Chuck and Shari
2020 Rpod 192
2007 Toyota Sequoia
New92 View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Apr 2020 at 6:31pm
I this is all new to us, but I likely went a little too far with the accessories.  My wife tells me I’m an insurance agents Dream, as I always would rather have too much insurance than not enough... dual  propane and solar were a just in case.  Wanted a worry free weekend if we didn’t end up in a full hookup camp.  I’m hoping to make the 20hr drive to Yellowstone next year and I understand select few sites have power so I told my wife we can’t go without it 🤪....shhhhhh, our secret!

The sales person told me dual tanks should last most, if not all season.

I installed an in-line surge protector and will post how I did it after I re-type the info for the 3rd time.  
Dave & Tami
Or is that
Tami & Dave?
2020 rpod 192
2013 F-150

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Apr 2020 at 8:22pm
Yeah, all new to us too. Better safe than sorry, if you have it, you won't need it!! On your way Yellowstone you'll pass right by our neck of the woods! Hubby wants to know what type of backup camera and how was it mounted?  Still researching which one to add on.
Chuck and Shari
2020 Rpod 192
2007 Toyota Sequoia
New92 View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Apr 2020 at 8:27pm
Hey MT Newbie20

It is a Furrion and mounted between the clearance lights.  Unfortunately I’m at work until Thursday so I can’t give you any more info than this
Dave & Tami
Or is that
Tami & Dave?
2020 rpod 192
2013 F-150
StephenH View Drop Down
podders Helping podders - pHp
podders Helping podders - pHp

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Apr 2020 at 9:53pm
You will enjoy Yellowstone. Hopefully, you can get a site in the park. If not, we stayed at the Pony Express RV park just outside the gates in West Yellowstone. The sites all had 50A service, but the office had 50 to 30A dogbone adapters available for use. The sites are crowded together, but that is not bad since you will likely be touring the park during the day. It was quiet and it had some nice restaurants nearby as well as stores for groceries. The cost was reasonable, and there are discounts available.
StephenH
Happy is the man that findeth wisdom,...

ouR escaPOD mods
Former RPod 179
Current Cherokee Grey Wolf 24 JS
mjlrpod View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2020 at 8:00am
Originally posted by New92

I 

The sales person told me dual tanks should last most, if not all season.

I have only run one propane tank on 3 campers i've owned. I have never run out of propane during the season. Your mileage may vary. I use electric hot water when available, same with fridge. The biggest use of propane is if you use heat. I have a 195, and filled my tank in June. I took at least 8 - 9 trips with it last summer. I also periodically used the heat this winter while I did a few projects in the camper. I still have propane. 
2017.5 Rp-172
2020 R-pod 195
2015 Frontier sv 4.0L 6cyl
I'll be rpodding

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2020 at 10:06am
Hey Mjlrpod, thanks so much for sharing the information. We were wondering the same thing on the useage and adding the extra weight for towing. 
Chuck and Shari
2020 Rpod 192
2007 Toyota Sequoia
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>