This site is free to use.
Donations benefit a non-profit Girls Softball organization

Forum Home Forum Home > R-pod Discussion Forums > Events and Campouts
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Image Upload is Back

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote LS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Image Upload is Back
    Posted: 12 Jan 2021 at 9:32am
New here. Not so lucky when my metal support for black tank tube broke. The tube got sanded by the highway. Wondering if it is a warranty issue? Also, anybody replaced the tube from the valve out?
GlueGuy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote GlueGuy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 2021 at 10:33am
Originally posted by LS

New here. Not so lucky when my metal support for black tank tube broke. The tube got sanded by the highway. Wondering if it is a warranty issue? Also, anybody replaced the tube from the valve out?
Welcome to the club. This is something that we have mostly learned that it is not about if, but when it will happen. One of the first mods we did was to add a second support for both the black and grey tank drains.

I think replacing just that part of the drain (where the cover goes?) would be difficult. I would replace from just inside the valve all the way to the end.
bp
2017 R-Pod 179 Hood River
2015 Ford F150 SuperCrew 4WD 3.5L Ecoboost
StephenH View Drop Down
podders Helping podders - pHp

Post Options Post Options   Quote StephenH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 2021 at 5:55pm
Originally posted by LS

If your RPod is 2018 or newer, there is a recall to fix this problem. Contact your dealer to see if your RPod qualifies.

Of course, they did nothing for those of us who had this problem with older RPods but had to have this repaired (or repaired it ourselves). After it happened twice to me, I made sure that it would not happen again. You can check my mods for pictures and explanation.

I have done so. Even if the valve is damaged, as long as the flange on the inside of the valve is intact, the parts from there out can be replaced. The parts are available on Amazon or other RV oriented places. 

You may prefer an extension for the output end. They are also available.
StephenH
Happy is the man that findeth wisdom,...

ouR escaPOD mods
Former RPod 179
Current Cherokee Grey Wolf 24 JS
LS View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote LS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 2021 at 6:42pm
Thanks for the very useful input!
Peace
LS View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote LS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 2021 at 6:44pm
Yes, thanks... I need to replace from where the cap fits back to where the valve part connects to the tube from the black tank.  I won’t know the full extent of the damage until the weather is warmer so I can look.
Peace
StephenH View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote StephenH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 2021 at 9:18pm
Originally posted by LS

Yes, thanks... I need to replace from where the cap fits back to where the valve part connects to the tube from the black tank.  I won’t know the full extent of the damage until the weather is warmer so I can look.
What model and year is your RPod? As I said, if it is a recent model, it is covered under warranty. If not, it is cheaper to replace it yourself than to take it to a place that will charge you an arm and a leg for labor.
StephenH

ouR escaPOD mods
Former RPod 179
LS View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote LS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 2021 at 4:34am
2020 RPod 190. Do I contact Forest River? Or should I contact a local dealer that sells RPods even though I found and bought my model in another state?
Peace
StephenH View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote StephenH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 2021 at 2:12pm
That is one reason Forest River recommends purchasing local. In this case, you may have to contact Forest River and ask them if there is a service department to which you can take it for the recall.
StephenH

ouR escaPOD mods
Former RPod 179
readd5030 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote readd5030 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Feb 2021 at 1:05pm
Hey there TCJ,

My wife and I just purchased a 2018 RPod 180 and just returned from a first trial trip.
The trip was great but two items that need some resolution are:

1 - the unit came with a single Lippert 24" step (26 1/8" mount width)
We notice the yours has the aluminum 2 step. 
Can you post any Manufacturer info on the steps? 

2 - the unit came with the Thule 5200 Omnistor Manual Crank Awning.
the Support Leg adjustment locking clips, to lock the two sections, do not work on either support leg pole. (Terrible Design)
Do you have any idea where we can get replacement parts in US for the Thule Awning?
I may just design my own clamp system

3 - Any other helpful hints on the 180 Model would be greatly appreciated!!

thanks for any help !!

DSR
DSR
StephenH View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote StephenH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Feb 2021 at 2:56pm
Originally posted by readd5030

Hey there TCJ,

My wife and I just purchased a 2018 RPod 180 and just returned from a first trial trip.
The trip was great but two items that need some resolution are:

1 - the unit came with a single Lippert 24" step (26 1/8" mount width)
We notice the yours has the aluminum 2 step. 
Can you post any Manufacturer info on the steps? 

2 - the unit came with the Thule 5200 Omnistor Manual Crank Awning.
the Support Leg adjustment locking clips, to lock the two sections, do not work on either support leg pole. (Terrible Design)
Do you have any idea where we can get replacement parts in US for the Thule Awning?
I may just design my own clamp system

3 - Any other helpful hints on the 180 Model would be greatly appreciated!!

thanks for any help !!

You may wish to convert the step. Look in my mods for what I did (see link in signature).

As for leg locks, push on them until they lock. You will think that they will break, but they won't. It is very stiff to push them until they lock. You have to push past the point where it gets hard to push until it slides over to the full locked position. I tend to push closer to the pivot point rather than at the end of the lever, figuring that it will be a little less stressful that way.

DSR
StephenH

ouR escaPOD mods
Former RPod 179
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>