R-pod Owners Forum Homepage

This site is free to use.
Donations benefit a non-profit Girls Softball organization

Forum Home Forum Home > R-pod Discussion Forums > I need HELP!!!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedFurnace Rumble

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author

Online Status: Offline
Direct Link To This Post Topic: Furnace Rumble
    Posted: 13 May 2020 at 8:36pm
no problem
If you do figure it out, don't forget to post the solution - I have used the search tool plenty of times to figure out what was wrong.
Everytime I fix something on our Pod, my wife and kids sarcastically ask me, "did you learn that from the RPod forum?"Smile
2017 RP-178
2021 F150 5.0l
"Lead me on a level path"
StephenH View Drop Down
podders Helping podders - pHp

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2020 at 8:56pm

I think you might be better off having a qualified technician check this out. Depending on the age of your RPod, it may be something covered under warranty. Even so, it is better to be safe than sorry. See page 2 of this document:

It it turns out that it is just a burner adjustment issue, that is not covered under the warranty. If you try to fix it yourself while any warranty is remaining, you will void your warranty.

Edit: I re-read the original post. While the 2 year warranty has expired, the additional 3 year heat exchanger warranty is still in effect.
StephenH
Happy is the man that findeth wisdom,...

ouR escaPOD mods
Former RPod 179
Current Cherokee Grey Wolf 24 JS
Rpoder76 View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2020 at 8:58pm
I have had this inspected several times by qualified technicians. That's why I'm posting it here, because technicians can't figure it out, and maybe someone else has had the same problem. I'll register the fan behavior being different with burner lit as a possible theory. I'd like to hear though, if anyone else has had this problem.
StephenH View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2020 at 9:04pm
I have not noticed this behaviior. Why don't you contact Airxcel and describe the issue? They might be better able to give you an answer.

I just had a thought. Have you checked the air inlet side to see if there are any obstructions (such as a wasp nest) in there? I have screens over all the vents in our RPod because I did have a problem with a mud-dauber nest in the refrigerator burner when we first bought our RPod.
StephenH

ouR escaPOD mods
Former RPod 179
offgrid View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2020 at 6:23am
Hmm. Interesting problem, seems from the description like it might be a fuel delivery issue but you've already replaced the regulator. Maybe a kinked line or water in the line? 

One thing you could do to be certain that the problem is in the furnace itself and not the propane delivery system is to connect a regulated propane cylinder directly to the furnace itself. If the problem goes away then focus on the trailer propane system, if its still there then maybe the furnace gas valve or burner. 
1994 Chinook Concourse
1995 RV6A Experimental Aircraft
2015 Rpod 179 - sold
Rpoder76 View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2020 at 7:53am
Thanks, yes this is an interesting thought. Someone once mentioned "grease" in the line, though I don't know how that would get there.
StephenH View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2020 at 1:34pm
Propane is a petroleum product. Over time, oils will accumulate in the line as the propane reacts with the lining of the hose. I have gotten a significant amount of liquid out of the lines when I was troubleshooting why my refrigerator was not cooling adequately. It could very well be why your furnace is misbehaving. Take the line loose from the regulator. Take it loose from the furnace. Using an air hose at the furnace end, blow out the line. Have something under the end of the hose from the regulator. I think you will be surprised at the amount of liquid in the line if you have never done this before.
StephenH

ouR escaPOD mods
Former RPod 179
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12